The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Just woke up and HOLY ****!!!!! We had at least a meter on the ground here in Surrey...no ones shoveling or plowing the streets here...Well at least it's raining now...walkings gonna be a kick in the crotch the rest of the week.

Where are you in surrey? It's still snowing hard where I am in surrey (cloverdale area) At my parents.

Edited by Mr.Habitat

YVR.ca is backup.

Almost all flights departing YVR is cancelled.

Feel bad for all the people getting stranded at the airport.

I took the PCL across to Victoria from Vancouver yesterday at 7:30am. There was a group on the bus that had their flights out of Edmonton canceled and instead of trying to rebook, they hopped on a bus. 26 hours later, they boarded the bus to the island in Vancouver - one that had no heat. I sure wouldn't want to spend that long on a bus, especially not one that was behind schedule because of snow.

There were (at the very least) ECHL players that were stranded in Victoria too, following the game on the weekend. Some took the ferry to Vancouver when their flight across was canceled, and were still stuck at the Vancouver Airport.

Come to think of it, there was a small group at the arena on Saturday night (when we got dumped on) that were cheering for the Aces. I wonder if they were from Alaska, and had planned the trip down to Victoria as a way to get out of the snow for a few days? :lol:

Like I said, reset your router! Takes only 2 minutes.

I don't think that will work, when I can't even get into the administrators account on my dads damn apple computers.

I'm afraid if I do that, then I won't be able to get on the net at all, and my dad will not be happy.

Edited by Mr.Habitat

Metro Vancouver

10:59 AM PST Wednesday 24 December 2008

Snowfall warning for

Metro Vancouver continued

Additional 5 to 10 cm of snow for the north coast and 10 to 20 cm of snow for the south coast are expected today and tonight.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.