The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Wow, I had no idea it would snow more today. I don't see how it's going to go from this blizzard to 8 degrees tomorrow (and flooding along with it). Why can't it just stay at 0 so we can enjoy the snow a bit more.. :(

The snow is still coming down hard. Are you seriously telling me this is all going to turn to rain in a matter of hours :mellow:

Heavy, torrential tropical rain. Temperatures will rise to 6 degrees in a matter of hours, with nearly 50mm of rain expected over the next 24 hours.

There's more than half a metre of snow piled up on the ground here in West Point Grey/UBC and it's still falling heavily.....city crews have dug around storm drains to prevent flooding tomorrow.

8,000 people reportedly stranded at Metrotown SkyTrain station

December 26, 2008 7:02 PM

METRO VANCOUVER - Problems with track switches and inclement weather have plagued SkyTrain's Expo line all day, resulting in a large crowd of people becoming stranded at Metrotown SkyTrain station.

A problematic switch at Columbia Station has seen the Expo line stopping and starting all afternoon, with conflicting reports of shutdowns and resumptions making it hard for passengers to plan their rides.

Technical staff are working on the problem.

The delays have created a serious passenger jam at Metrotown Station, where lineups are stretching past the overhead walkway to the station proper and Transit Police are working on crowd control.

Officials have requested that people going to or from Metrotown find alternate means home.

And if that's not enough, a tree overhanging the guideway near 29th Avenue Station caused a half hour stoppage of the line that hsould be cleared by 7p.m.

© Copyright © The Vancouver Sun

The drizzle has now turned to rain/snow, with pretty heavy raindrops/snowflakes.

The end is near.

I will take snow and crazy snow drivers over LA driver any day! I think I was going to have a heart attack lol. People don't stop till right up on your donkey like they think they are hemorrhoids. And people speed a lot! 90-100 MPH! and 70 on the main roads in Valencia! I think these people are insane!

I will take snow and crazy snow drivers over LA driver any day! I think I was going to have a heart attack lol. People don't stop till right up on your donkey like they think they are hemorrhoids. And people speed a lot! 90-100 MPH! and 70 on the main roads in Valencia! I think these people are insane!

You're just not used to it. 90-100 MPH isn't really that fast over there. 70 MPH on main roads sounds about right... I normally see 80 when I'm down there (especially along Jamboree Road in Orange County), but it may depend on your area.

Once you get used to it, it's not really that bad.

(Although I find that drivers in Los Angeles County are a bit more asinine than the drivers in Orange County or the Inland Empire.)

Edited by BuckyHermit

You're just not used to it. 90-100 MPH isn't really that fast over there. 70 MPH on main roads sounds about right... I normally see 80 when I'm down there (especially along Jamboree Road in Orange County), but it may depend on your area.

Once you get used to it, it's not really that bad.

(Although I find that drivers in Los Angeles County are a bit more asinine than the drivers in Orange County or the Inland Empire.)

I only have to been to LA once.

How often do you go there to visit your sister?