The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

You guys think SFU will be cancelled?

I highly doubt the buses could make it up there in this weather and it must be even worse up there than it is in Vancouver.

The buses aren't going up to SFU right now, as it is. So I'd say there's a high possibility.

I certainly don't mind if school's cancelled tomorrow. They usually don't cover much on first days anyway. Pass out the course outlines, go over what will be covered. Go home.

Not for 3rd and 4th year courses. Some profs actually do a meaningful lecture on the first day. Imagine that.

I'm conflicted. On one hand, I want school to be canceled because I don't want to make the trek to UBC through snow. On the other hand, the more classes you miss at the start of the year, the more frantic the pace will be around term paper time (to make up for lost time).

Dude, seriously. We don't do anything on the first day. You should never be frantic during term paper time. Bucky, live a little. come skip with me. :lol:

Not for 3rd and 4th year courses. Some profs actually do a meaningful lecture on the first day. Imagine that.

I am actually in 3rd year. Maybe it's because I am in Science. The stuff covered in the first lecture, if any, are usually so basic that you'll need to use them every time you solve a problem in the course. I highly doubt UBC will close anyway.

Dude, seriously. We don't do anything on the first day. You should never be frantic during term paper time. Bucky, live a little. come skip with me. :lol:

Again -- third- and fourth-year courses often actually do things on the first day.

Last term, all my 300- and 400-level courses had a lecture on the first day.

Edited by BuckyHermit

I am 4th year even though I may not act like it, but I also dont care if I miss class. heh. calm down bucky ;)

I'm freaking because I want to do well this term due to possibility of grad school. I pretty much need one more A (or two B+'s) to reach the minimum requirements.

Even if I'm not going for a masters degree, I want to keep that door open. And that means getting high grades now.

Edited by BuckyHermit

Orange is the Flyers' colour. The Ducks' colour is teal. Accept it.

You seem to have confused the Ducks for the Sharks. The Ducks never had teal. We had jade and eggplant though. But the Ducks are in Orange County; that's something nobody else can claim. (And the Islanders seem to have claimed orange as well.)

And let's hope that people don't drive like idiots along the "highway" portion of SW Marine to UBC (moreso than normal, I mean).

Edited by BuckyHermit