The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

blah, what boring stations. Endless halls of bland bathroom tiles...Where's the interesting design? Public art?

Never quite understood why they don't let artists go nuts on them. Most would do it for free

My transit 2025 plan involving commuter rail expansion and skytrain expansion:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&p...8f447945f66428d

New skytrain routes:

Gateway/Expo Line Expansion- King George, Guildford, Fleetwood, Langley Extension

UBC Line Extension - VCC to UBC

New commuter rail/light rail

Interurban express- Surrey, North Delta, Newton, Sullivan station, Cloverdale, Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack

Edited by tom_1

My transit 2025 plan involving commuter rail expansion and skytrain expansion:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&p...8f447945f66428d

New skytrain routes:

Gateway/Expo Line Expansion- King George, Guildford, Fleetwood, Langley Extension

UBC Line Extension - VCC to UBC

New commuter rail/light rail

Interurban express- Surrey, North Delta, Newton, Sullivan station, Cloverdale, Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack

Millenium line extension to UBC should be under tenth ave, wallace ish (prolly knock down some buildings there), 8th ave, Chancellor, cut through the forest into University Ave so that the majority can be cut and cover.

Compensation award to be appealed in Canada Line dispute

Jim Goddard VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) 2009-06-19 16:58

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - The court decision giving compensation to a Cambie business owner for losses caused by Canada Line construction is being appealed. The rapid transit operators believe the court award could lead to other costly settlements.

The owner of Hazel and Co., Susan Heyes, was awarded $600,000 plus legal costs by the BC Supreme Court for losses she suffered during four years of construction in front of her shop.

Rapid transit line lawyer George Macintosh doesn't think the judge was right to say someone inconvenienced by a public project automatically deserves compensation. "What's at stake within the four walls of the lawsuit, is the legal principle of whether that's compulsory on government, whether that's mandatory."

Heyes feels appalled she is has to go back to court. "I absolutely believe the decision Justice Pitfield made was the right one and it should stand for all the small businesses everywhere, that this decision must stand."

Meanwhile 150 other Cambie business owners hope to launch a class action suit for losses they claim to have suffered during Canada Line construction.

Excellent.

Millenium line extension to UBC should be under tenth ave, wallace ish (prolly knock down some buildings there), 8th ave, Chancellor, cut through the forest into University Ave so that the majority can be cut and cover.

That would be straying too far north.

What kind of a park preservationist/environmentalist are you anyways? The golf course can give a little.

http://www.cascadiaprospectus.org/2009/06/...a_administr.php

Details of Obama's plan for high speed rail. Lots of work to do, I sure hope Canada doesn't just sit on their hands...

Dude, as much as we fight, we should make this happen. Expand sktyrain to the jucntion in cloverdlale, build a NS line, and buld out form there, and you planrers could make a cool town that has it;'s small town charm and big town class.

That would be straying too far north.

What kind of a park preservationist/environmentalist are you anyways? The golf course can give a little.

What?

It goes in front of the park, and is burried so it's a short term problem.

I didn't check it that hard, but the west end could make a groovyh golf course of course!

It's just the route. Fight me all you want I guess.