The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

The 98 B-Line will be scrapped, but their buses will certainly be in use for other routes in the region. They still have another 10 years in their life span.....will be used for the future B-Line in Surrey, to be implemented in late-2010.

Some of the routes that will be axed will no doubt be revived in the near future (except the 98). One only has to look at what happened for the Millennium Line.

What would make the most sense is for the 10 to be rerouted to terminate at Bridgeport instead of Marine Drive Station, so connecting passengers from the suburban routes can either transfer to the Canada Line or the #10, depending on whether they want to go down Cambie or Granville.

Edited by Buggernut

What would make the most sense is for the 20 to be rerouted to terminate at Bridgeport instead of Marine Drive Station, so connecting passengers from the suburban routes can either transfer to the Canada Line or the #20, depending on whether they want to go down Cambie or Granville.

But the #20 goes down Victoria Drive...

crap! I meant #10.

I'm obviously not from that area.

I'd be in full agreement for #10... if the #10 didn't use trolley wires. Trolley wires on either the Oak or Arthur Laing wouldn't work too well.

Edited by BuckyHermit

That would be straying too far north.

What kind of a park preservationist/environmentalist are you anyways? The golf course can give a little.

Well, since I would plan the top of the line to be a greenway, and it's the shortest way (I would have had no qualms about the golf course it's just not in the way).

Why do bus drivers put a block of wood underneath the back wheel whenever they go on a break? What's the wood for?

just in case the breaks fail so the bus doesn't roll away

a cheap security device as well