The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

You think CBC could come up with someone better than mark lee and Kevin weeks. They are both pretty brutal. I guess it could be worse.the flames play by play guy on sportsnet Peter labardios is probably the worst tv play by play in Canada.

I heard Peter a few times during the Olympics, and he does seem to love hearing his own voice. I also laughed at Mark Lee commenting about Salo and Ruutu being Olympian teammates for the Bronze medal winning Swedish team.

During last night's game after the amazing shorthanded goal I heard the announcer say Ryan Burrows but I wasn't sure if he said it until I saw this video.

At about 45 seconds in, it appears we have a new player named Ryan Burrows.

Thanks to Canucks HD for the video.

this is enough to make a thread about? who cares. it's because everyone focuses on the eastern teams. not much of a spotlight on the western teams. go canucks go

Man, the user who posted this topic must be getting slaughtered over the past couple years. I'm sure his reputation will bounce back.

I'll try to add a fresh spin on this topic.

Alexandre Burrows - Do the Canucks REALLY want a 30+ goal scorer? I think not.

[sarcasm]If it was for 4 or 5 million maybe, but not for 2 million, no way![/sarcasm]

He knew he made a mistake but the professional thing to do is not correct yourself but just move on. He did say Alexander Burrows at the end so we should stop giving him a hard time. He is still new to the broadcasting game and with some time he will inprove! He is a lot better than some of the colour (no pun intended) guys down south!

If paint drying made a sound I am sure it would be very similar to Kevin Weekes voice. Is this truly the best that HNIC can do or is it just good enough for the lowly western teams. In the early game Hughson covers the the 2 worst teams in the league, never mind the canadian thing, and the 2 best canadian teams in the league go at it and we get commentators fit for high school basketball. Hey HNIC! F@%K You!

I noticed that too, those two announcers are god awful. They spend too much time in the east, they don't know crap about the west, you could tell they're bias throughout the whole game. Ottawa had the puck in our zone for a minute and the Canucks were "trapped in their own zone" but when we had them pinned in theirs... for a lot longer... no comment. They should let the John/John team do all the games, Tom's good too.

Weekes made me lol last night when he actually said something negative about the sens.

"The sens have done horrible at managing the puck tonite" I didn't really expect him to say anything bad about a team lmao

If paint drying made a sound I am sure it would be very similar to Kevin Weekes voice. Is this truly the best that HNIC can do or is it just good enough for the lowly western teams. In the early game Hughson covers the the 2 worst teams in the league, never mind the canadian thing, and the 2 best canadian teams in the league go at it and we get commentators fit for high school basketball. Hey HNIC! F@%K You!

That about sums it up I was listening all 1st period about how good Ottawa was doing if... I was listening on the radio I would have thought they were outplaying us!!!

however in retrospect maybe ottawa was playing well (for them) after all we only outshot them 17-2

Lee is terrible. On numerous occasions he will say "(insert name) fanned on the shot/pass" when the player was checked - ignoring a good defensive play. Kevin Weeks is about as good at commentating as he was at goal tending - second string on a good day.