The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

many people say that alex burrows is a average player without the sedins but looking at him play hes not.hes played the past few games without them and hasnt missed a beat he got a few goal without.hes a awsome player he doesnt needs the sedin they are really good together.there really good together n rack up many many goals but there always good apart too.to prove this sedins n sammy have been rippin it up and burrows got a few good goals like the tipin in the colarado game n the sweet sorthanded goal last night

and people called him a one yearr wonder look at his states compaired to last year

08-09 82gp 28g 23a 51p 23+/- 150pims 0ppg 4sh 3gw

09-10 68gp 31g 26a 57p 31+/- 103pims 4ppg 5sh 3gw (14 games to go)

he already beat last years goal,assits,points and shorthanded goals total

burrows is a awsome player and were lucky to have him he with be a key player for use in the playoff

• Upvote 1

many people say that alex burrows is a average player without the sedins but looking at him play hes not.hes played the past few games without them and hasnt missed a beat he got a few goal without.hes a awsome player he doesnt needs the sedin they are really good together.there really good together n rack up many many goals but there always good apart too.to prove this sedins n sammy have been rippin it up and burrows got a few good goals like the tipin in the colarado game n the sweet sorthanded goal last night

and people called him a one yearr wonder look at his states compaired to last year

08-09 82gp 28g 23a 51p 23+/- 150pims 0ppg 4sh 3gw

09-10 68gp 31g 26a 57p 31+/- 103pims 4ppg 5sh 3gw (14 games to go)

he already beat last years goal,assits,points and shorthanded goals total

burrows is a awsome player and were lucky to have him he with be a key player for use in the playoff

Look at those states indeed. All 50 of 'em.

Saying he's an average player without the Sedins is a bit much, however he is definitely not the same. Although he does well with whoever else is on his line, he's just not as good as he would be with the Sedins. Now I'm not knocking Burrows, I'm just complimenting the Sedins greatly. Almost anyone that plays with them is better with them than without.

Saying he's an average player without the Sedins is a bit much, however he is definitely not the same. Although he does well with whoever else is on his line, he's just not as good as he would be with the Sedins. Now I'm not knocking Burrows, I'm just complimenting the Sedins greatly. Almost anyone that plays with them is better with them than without.

I love the Twins, but frankly their play doesn't help make Burr one of the best PKer's in the league.

How many of Burr's shorties have the Twins set up again?huh.gif

But that is true with any player. When you play with great players, you are going to do better. If Burrows played with Crosby, or Backstrom, or Thorton, you would see the same effect. I don't think it is only the Sedins, the reason Burrows plays his best with the Sedins, is because they are the best players he has ever played with. I also think they compliment each others styles, but people are putting too much weight on the Sedins making Burrows the player he is.

Anyone is going to play better with First line players instead of second line players. But Burwwos has proven that he is the same player without them. He will get less goals, because he won't have as many easy tap ins, but he is still a great player without them.

• Upvote 1

3,158 Replies

for this topic, people should just ignore him bcuz clearly hes wrong and is only doing it for the attention.

but yeah BURROWS will score tonight again and it'll be a good night yet again !

BURR MAKES IT HOT OUT THURR ;)

But that is true with any player. When you play with great players, you are going to do better. If Burrows played with Crosby, or Backstrom, or Thorton, you would see the same effect. I don't think it is only the Sedins, the reason Burrows plays his best with the Sedins, is because they are the best players he has ever played with. I also think they compliment each others styles, but people are putting too much weight on the Sedins making Burrows the player he is.

Anyone is going to play better with First line players instead of second line players. But Burwwos has proven that he is the same player without them. He will get less goals, because he won't have as many easy tap ins, but he is still a great player without them.

If that is the case what happen to Bernier