The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prabh Rai Talk

ballsdeepfreeze

So all these people that make fun of children on this site, who are in fact grownups, dont like some players because of there skin color? Irony anyone? Its simple, dont make racial comments because this is a family site, and kids do look at all of this stuff, keep all the racial stuff to your self.

from 16 year old kid.

This is why everyone hates talking about Prab Rai.

In reality, he's a terrible player. Good speed and that's it with a limited chance of ever making the NHL cause he sucks at everything else.

Then, if you say he sucks, you got the idiots calling those people "racist".

I wouldn't compare Rai to Grabner at all.

Grabner was drafted as a scorer and that he did know how to do well. If anyone forget about the stats and actually watch the guy play, his combination of speed, shot, and the ability to find open holes made him a top pick. All he had to do was play a different dimension but he was already comfortable with scoring.

Rai isn't good at anything other than his speed. He won't ever be like Grabner, cause Rai can't snipe em. I've been saying it for years when into a Raymond vs. Grabner debate. Grabner will turn out better cause he has his shot. As you can see, Grabner already has more points than Raymond.

Flash isn't everything, it's the ability to finish that gets a player good and Grabner had it all the time. That's why, even last year. I've said, if the Canucks wanted a sniper, they could just look at Grabner.

I wouldn't compare Rai to Grabner at all.

Grabner was drafted as a scorer and that he did know how to do well. If anyone forget about the stats and actually watch the guy play, his combination of speed, shot, and the ability to find open holes made him a top pick. All he had to do was play a different dimension but he was already comfortable with scoring.

Rai isn't good at anything other than his speed. He won't ever be like Grabner, cause Rai can't snipe em. I've been saying it for years when into a Raymond vs. Grabner debate. Grabner will turn out better cause he has his shot. As you can see, Grabner already has more points than Raymond.

Flash isn't everything, it's the ability to finish that gets a player good and Grabner had it all the time. That's why, even last year. I've said, if the Canucks wanted a sniper, they could just look at Grabner.

In reality, he's a terrible player. Good speed and that's it with a limited chance of ever making the NHL cause he sucks at everything else.

Well if he can manage to put up a point a game in the WHL this season, then he must be doing something right. He had over a point a game last season, which is similar to what grabner did in the WHL (also a one-dimensional player at the time). Don't count this guy out yet, he may have some rough spots to his game, but maybe the canucks new development program can help polish those out. You don't always have to be taken in the first three rounds to turn turn into a good player.

Just because somebody is unlikely to ever make the NHL doesn't mean they suck at hockey. Even an ECHL All-Star is a talented hockey player, it just means they have certain deficiencies in their game that have held them back. Being a PPG player in the WHL isn't the rarest of feats, but it also doesn't happen more then it does happen.

I have to say, you have been extra annoying and condescending lately.

A problem for Rai right now is his team, as Seattle is arguably the worst team in the WHL. I imagine he will be traded at some point this season since the T-Birds will likely want to rebuild and Rai is an older player since he is a Late-1989 birth.

You can only polish out potential. If you actually go to watch the games, rather than just look at the stats. You'd notice the difference potential and stats. Some attributes cannot be taught.

Putting a point per game in the WHL means absolutely nothing. Speed kills in junior but it takes a LOT more when you play against men.

Grabner was intriguing cause he put up amazing goal totals.

Prab Rai was selected with our 5th round pick in 2008. At this point most players are project players when being drafted this late.

During the 2nd half of the 08 season, Prab Rai was the 2nd highest point producer in the WHL, (counting only the 2nd half of the WHL season). Thats my guess of why they selected him.

Saw him play during training camp, not sure why some of you have such high expecations for a 5th rounder. He wasnt by anymeans dominant or even look like a future NHL player. Probably a career tier 2 or tier 3 guy. He has good speed, but weak acceleration, and weak with the puck when competing against older and professional players, (AHL and NHL players). I think to say he is dirt is imature. I hope it's not ment in a racist way, if you think he's dirt because he sucks, ok fine.... he is a 5th rounder, it's kinda like saying Morgan Clark is dirt, when we already know he is not a strong prosect and is a long shot to make the NHL. It;s not neccessary to say bad prosect is dirt when he already sucks anways. He doesn't really suck, the last 2 years he is one of Seattle's top players. He is a project I personally is not expecting him to make the NHL, it be nice to see him make the NHL. Out of all the players drafted under the Mike Gillis draft structure, and not drafted with our 1st round pick, probably only 3 will really make the NHL. If more then awesome.

Oh so you actually go and watch the Thunderbirds play? Yeah Right... :lol: You don't know anymore than the next guy, so be quiet.

Putting up a point a game doesn't mean absolutley nothing. It's fairly common, but it still shows consistency, and it's also a good starting point. And speed is one of the best assets you can have in the new nhl, so don't underestimate that part of his game.

DeNiro. If you don't any hockey games and try to argue with what i say, then your bound to lose and embarrass yourself, as you usual do against..well anyone.

Again. Understand the value of the prospects factor on the potential. Not the stats. Stats are important but are meaningless until the prospect is ready to make the jump into the NHL.

BTW - try to make a better point in your next post. If your going to try to degrade/insult someone. At least make a intelligent statement, rather than copy the quote of the poster your replying to.

You have lots to learn....there are much more intangibles. Apparently, you've never heard of Brandon Reid, have you? Why don't you actually go back into reality, rather than have the delusional idea that EA NHL games can apply to reality.

Grabner and Rai aren't even close.

Lol non of our prospects are dirt...no ones are, they got drafted cuz they had potential.

Atleast they actually got drafted by an NHL organization, thats more than what anyone of us can do...most of these ppl on here have to realize they cant do any better, and have to stop living in a fantasy world where you're a NHL Analyst or Scout like the person above stated, its pretty sad really...

First off, you need to work on your reading comprehension, as you clearly misunderstood what I was saying. It is ok though, I'm used to you twisting words to fit the narrative you wish to frame. You said he is terrible, I simply said that being a PPG player in the WHL makes him good at hockey. If he was as terrible as you claim he is, he would not be in the WHL. The use of an ECHL player was meant to flesh out my point, which you clearly missed.

A shot? I simply stated my opinion on your posts, as in this thread, the Schroeder thread and other threads you continually to insult people. Saying you are being "annoying" and "condescending" isn't an insult for the record. I was commenting on how you were acting and treating other users. Yet, you just called me a "prick" and call others "idiots" and "clueless". (hypocritical much?) The fact is I never have issues with anybody else on here. You on the other hand, continually start stupid "arguments" with just about anybody. I won't even justify the second part of your statement, as that is a flat-out lie and you are just stroking your ego.

Um, it's not an exuse. Is it not logical that you would want to be on a competitive team? A team with better players so that he can have a chance to win something? It happens all the time in the WHL where an overager gets traded from a sub-par to a team that wants to make a run. What exactly are you disagreeing with here?

It seems your sole purpose on CDC is to argue everything and make a big fuss over anything. You constantly insult people and their intelligence, you are condescending and you make huge deals out of nothing all the time. Seriously, scale it back a bit, you'll live a happier life.

I'm bound to lose? What game am I playing here? Argue with a repetitive moron?

With all the knowledge you pretend to have, I think the Canucks should hire you for their scouting staff. :lol:

Brandon Reid was drafted in the 7th round, played in the QMJHL, and was a midget...The fact that he played any games in the NHL is acutally pretty amazing. Pretty bad comparison.

I think you need to come back into reality, instead of living in your fantasy world where you're an NHL scout.

Archived