The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

So, I was outside McDonald's when I see a dad and his daughter, who was decked in a tae-kwon-do uniform. Having practiced it a while back in Canada myself, I proceeded to ask her dad about where they offer tae-kwon-do classes in Bangalore.

Ya-da-ya-da conversation goes on, and it hits an awkward point.

I ask his daugther:

"Blue belt, huh? You must have worked hard to get that."

"Yeah, I did"

"I'm pretty sure your good enough to beat me in a fight now"

Her dad: (with a straight face)

"No, she's not"

Considering she 4"5, and probably around 10-11 years old, I thought it would be was obvious I was joking/humoring her.

So I continue, taking it that he made a bad joke:

"Haha, no I'm sure she is"

"No, she is no where near ready to do that yet." (almost like he's angry she isn't)

This was followed by the 5 seconds of the most awkward silent moment I've faced in a loooooong time.

So, I was outside McDonald's when I see a dad and his daughter, who was decked in a tae-kwon-do uniform. Having practiced it a while back in Canada myself, I proceeded to ask her dad about where they offer tae-kwon-do classes in Bangalore.

Ya-da-ya-da conversation goes on, and it hits an awkward point.

I ask his daugther:

"Blue belt, huh? You must have worked hard to get that."

"Yeah, I did"

"I'm pretty sure your good enough to beat me in a fight now"

Her dad: (with a straight face)

"No, she's not"

Considering she 4"5, and probably around 10-11 years old, I thought it would be was obvious I was joking/humoring her.

So I continue, taking it that he made a bad joke:

"Haha, no I'm sure she is"

"No, she is no where near ready to do that yet." (almost like he's angry she isn't)

This was followed by the 5 seconds of the most awkward silent moment I've faced in a loooooong time.

...When did you leave Canada?! :angry:

Oh good, I thought you quit or something ;)

Congrats!!!

And do you wear suntan? If so, you're probably breaking out because it blocks all the pores. Look for some sort of skin cleanser

I kind of quit. I haven't really posted as much.

I'm using Clinique 3-step skin care thing. Only thing that changed is the water and the moisturizer. I couldn't find a small enough bottle to put some of my moisturizer in. I didn't want to bring mine with me because of the restrictions and what not on the plane. They took away my sister's moisturizer when we were in Montreal because the bottle exceeded 100mL.

• 3 weeks later...