The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

im pretty sure severance is not required for construction jobs, that and it is my dads crew and he has nothing to do with it its the management at the mill thats fracked up.

If you have X amount of unbroken service for the company as an employee that is laying you off, if they don't give you proper notice you are owed severance.

If you have X amount of unbroken service for the company as an employee that is laying you off, if they don't give you proper notice you are owed severance.

Other circumstances that permit an employer to terminate employment without giving notice include:

* the employee is in the construction industry,

ive been working there for a week i quit my otehr job to go there but someone in the mill management doesnt like me, i worked there once before.

hopefully not though

I don't mind. The hours were erratic and the pay was too low.

Awwww, so you're actually getting laid off?

The boss said that they have lost a lot of business and need to lay off some workers. Which workers get announced this Friday when shifts are announced. I am one the newest workers and far from the most efficient worker. Also I am just a student while most of my coworkers need their jobs to survive. So I am pretty sure I am done.

that's not that bad....My first semestre last year was 10:30-12:20, then 12:30-2:20, then 2:30-4:20, then 4:30-6:20. Pretty much 8 hours of four 2 hour lectures with barely any breaks in between. but hey, that was only on tuesday and thursday, and i only had a 3 hour lab on wednesday, so every week i had a 4 day weekend frantics.gif

that's not that bad....My first semestre last year was 10:30-12:20, then 12:30-2:20, then 2:30-4:20, then 4:30-6:20. Pretty much 8 hours of four 2 hour lectures with barely any breaks in between. but hey, that was only on tuesday and thursday, and i only had a 3 hour lab on wednesday, so every week i had a 4 day weekend frantics.gif

dayum... that's intense man

3 hour lectures? Those are the worst. I made sure not to take any.

i don't mind it too much... it goes by pretty fast... but i do get restless at times and i cant believe the prof can talk for almost 3 hours straight.

but guess what... my buddy scored tix to the game tonite, and i had to reject the offer because of class (which was not particularly interesting today today fyi)

Edited by Super19