The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

I've been trying to use a Nadal forehand, and I noticed that my elbows heat up like crazy. My forearms were still cold. Does anybody here use his style? Does it cause strain on the arms or something?

Personally I don't think it is good to try to copy another player, best to go with what feels natural for you, trying to copy someone else can lead to un-natural motion and injury risk. I tried to use a service motion like Roddick, but it felt so awkward I gave up and went back to my natural motion (which is similar to Sampras).

Personally I don't think it is good to try to copy another player, best to go with what feels natural for you, trying to copy someone else can lead to un-natural motion and injury risk. I tried to use a service motion like Roddick, but it felt so awkward I gave up and went back to my natural motion (which is similar to Sampras).

My natural motion is simply the first one that I learned, which means nothing to me. Do I really even have a natural motion?

Besides, what Nadal does is NOT natural. :lol:

• 3 months later...

^

Nice! Another Canadian!

Also nice this thread was bumped without my help. I watched some AO yesterday, I was watching a good 5-setter but I forget who was playing... I was a bit sleepy lol. Hopefully I'll catch more action this week.

Verdasco heading to the 5th set, Venus is down a break to Zahlavova, and Marino's match is just getting started.

Verdasco takes the first game of the 5th. He owned the tiebreak.

It looks like Verdasco is going to take this one over, Tipsarevic just called the trainer over. We'll see what happens.

It's always a shame when someone comes back from 2 sets to 0, while the other player's play just gradually gets less and less. :( Such is the case here, so far anyway.

They found a dead spot today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EUryzF8u20(0:35 is where you actually see it)

I don't know why, but I can watch the ball stop dead over and over.

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=tennis/11/01/21/TENNIS_Australian_Court.html&BID=553

OFFICIALS CAUGHT OUT BY COURT

Tournament organisers were today handed an unusual problem at the Australian Open when the Hisense Arena court, the second largest venue at Melbourne Park, was deemed unfit for play.

Having just staged the men's match between Robin Haase and Andy Roddick, there seemed to be little wrong.

But when Maria Sharapova and Julia Goerges started warming up, it soon became clear there was a 'dead spot' near the net.

The umpire came down to assess the situation and when she dropped a ball from waist height it did not bounce at all, stopping dead on the blue surface.

It is not clear whether the problem stems from the heat or the foundations under the court.

Both players left the arena while groundstaff pondered their options.

Remarkably, within 20 minutes the players were back out on court. The problem was found to be a bubble which had risen up due to the heat, but a groundsman used a drill to deflate it and a test of the bounce revealed all was back to normal.

Edited by ckamo