The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

I think she's playing in Hong Kong next week...

I would've thought Quebec but maybe because Venus is there lol

(Nevermind, there are a bunch of tournaments around Asia in the next few weeks...so makes sense)

I would also say that she has played alot of tennis in this U.S open compared to the previous few weeks where she had early round exits. And never played enough. I hope the U.S open will get her going for the tournaments in the coming weeks and months.

Edited by Monteeun

Genie is a work in progress and has given us great reason to believe in her. These are building blocks and there's nothing like experience to draw on in looking forward. She'll be fine and I/we'll be in her corner. Can't win 'em all, but she also gives it a good go.

I'm sure you saw her dehydrated and battling through that Plum? She didn't "get owned" by any means. And, in considering that she was under some obvious heat related stress, she did rather well to stay in it at all. But you're right WIN ALL THE TIEM.

I felt she did get outplayed for some stretches but was not by any means "owned". If you had applied that term to the Wimbledon final vs. Kvitova, then yeah...sure. But Bouchard put up a decent fight today. Although both players had to suffer through the same conditions, I suspect that if this had been another evening match Genie would been able to at least push it to 3 sets.

Too true. Milos does NOT look comfortable with the backhand...awkwardly switches to forehand at times. Needs some work there. Good match so far, in for a barnburner it seems.

If he can fix the backhand then things would look a lot better. Along with more work on receiving.

Why'd this match start so late? It's not like they're women and only play best of 3

Previous match might have run long. But I think also that the US Open often has late matches anyway, this one was scheduled for 9PM ET.

Nishikori returning serves like nobody's business, wow.

Edited by ckamo

Previous match might have run long. But I think also that the US Open often has late matches anyway, this one was scheduled for 9PM ET.

Nishikori returning serves like nobody's business, wow.

Never count out the Japanese.

Man, that guy has a huge fight in him.

Edited by Monteeun