The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

| ~ . **Official** Diablo III Thread . ~ |

kanucks25

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BlizzCon 2010 Updates

5th and final Character Class: Demon Hunter:

Official Page: http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/demonhunter.xml

So it looks like they went with the expected "ranger" class. The Demon Hunter uses bows and "Shadow Magic". Judging by the game-play in the videos she looks like an Assassin from D2 that learned how to use a crossbow. :P

Passives:

Passive skills will now be called "Traits" and will have their own separate tree. Your original skill tree will now be just for active skills. Right now you earn a separate skill for Traits every second level (1,3,5 and so on) but that will probably change. Traits increase health, damage, defense, etc. so it's almost like a replacement for "stats" in D3.

Talisman:

In D2, you had limited space in your Inventory and you had to choose between using the space for charms or loot. In D3 there will be a "Talisman" which is just a separate inventory for your charms, leaving your actual inventory for picking up items.

Skill Runes:

Instead of being socketed into items, Runes in D3 will be socketed into (ie: power up) skills. There are 5 different types of runes and each rune will be usable on EVERY skill in the game. Runes will also have 7 ranks each; obviously the higher the level, the better the bonuses. With just the skills and runes, there are 97 billion... yeah... that many different builds for EACH character (97 bil x 5). This doesn't even include the extra build variations from Traits, items, etc.

Originally the runes were named after what kind of affect they'd have on the skill, but it turned out that not all the affects fit the name of the rune, so they decided to just go with 5 generic names and give them whatever stats they wanted:

1) Crimson (usually increases damage or adds fire damage)

2) Indigo (usually multiplies projectiles, increases radii, etc.)

3) Obsidian

4) Golden

5) Alabaster (the most random affects of all)

Examples:

- An Indigo rune applied to the Witch Doctor's "Plague of Toads" made toads rain from the sky.

- An Obsidian rune applied to the same "Plague of Toads" conjured up one giant toad, which was able to swallow some monsters whole.

- A level 1 Indigo rune applied to the Wizards "Magic Missile" unleashed two bolts of Arcane damage instead of one, but a level 7 rune of the same type created enough missiles to fill almost half the screen.

Achievements:

You can earn "Achievements" in D3, probably similar to the PS3 Trophies or XBOX Achievements. They won't help your character in any way, but yourself and others will be able to see which achievements your character has earned.

Muling:

Some great news about item storage, finally. Most importantly, there will be a shared stash between characters on the same account! Also, each stash is HUGE... too big, maybe? Each CD-Key can only support one account, but there is space for a crap-load of characters, more than you'll need. This is nice to hear for me, as I will definitely store almost EVERYTHING I find. :P

Player-vs-Player Battle Arena:

One of the main goals for D3 was to make sure players who wanted to PVP had their own area to do so; they didn't want you to be forced into a duel. They could have just fixed this by making it so players can only damage each other if both characters went hostile (unlike in D2, where one person could go hostile and chase you all around the world), but they decided to do a little more.

There are now battle arenas for you to duel in, separate from the Player-vs-Monster world. Needless to say, you can PvP 1 on 1 or in teams. Killing other players won't help your character in any way, but you will have earn achievements and have your own rank. There may be a matching system to match you up with players of similar skill level to battle against. This is just fan speculation, but there could be (maybe a separate mode for) default characters that you must use if you want to participate in the PvP Arena to ensure a level playing field.

There will be small tweaks to some skills to balance them for PvP compared to PvM. Some skills will have their damaged nerfed a little, or have a larger cool-down, etc. but the changes won't be extremely apparent.

Release Date Speculation:

It was said at BlizzCon that the game would be released about 6 months after the release of Beta. Testing should be coming up pretty soon, maybe in the first couple months of 2011, so Christmas 2011 seems like the logical guess right now. I always thought it would be released in the summer season, so my guess earlier this year was Summer 2012, but now that seems too far away. The official release date announced @ BlizzCon 2011? It's Blizzard, though, we could still be a few years away. :P

anyone know why i lag in diablo 2 (around 200 ping minimum, can average up to 400-500 and sometimes spike up to 1700?)

i dont lag in wc3 and sc2 but for d2 i lag like hell

might it have something to do with ports or my router configuration?

if wc3 or sc2 lagged then i can say my ISP just sucks, but thats not the case

Who plays Single Player? :P So much more fun hacking and slashing with friends, seeing not only your own skills but your allies' fill the screen.

I'm trying to update the whole OP but my notepad has the bold, underline, italic, etc. codes in capitals, and for some reason they don't work if they are capitals. For example:

text works, but text doesn't

and I don't want to go through all of it and change the capitals to lower case. -_- Any ideas?

You must have never played D2 Single Player

/players 8 was the command to beef up the toughness of the monster to simulate 8 players in the game. (ie the best way to play in single player, otherwise it would take 8 years to reach 99)

More than once. Try beating the game without any multiplayer help. Impossible!

Leveling up becomes way too tough once you get to the desert. I could reach about 35-40 at best. Even when I beat Tal Rasha, I think, and I reached the jungle, it's still nearly damn well impossible to increase a level or two at the most. Mephisto would whoop my ass and I didn't even have to fight him to figure that one out.

I was able to beat the game through those level runs online, and doing the secret cow levels and eventually hitting level, 50, 60, 70 and so on, but if you have to 'cheat' then that kind of defeats the point of the game. I don't mind doing that for fun, but not if it's the only means of progressing through the campaign.

Archived