The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

i believe schroeder will play with hodgson next year 3rd line

schroeder hodgson grabner :)

however samuelsson is definitely a better fit with the sedins then burrows, and him being a right-hand shot.

pp even.

so who would wing kesler? raymond kesler? maybe grabner perhaps? then bernier would be 3rd line with schroeder and hodgson.

but what i do know for sure is schroeder hodgson and grabner will all make the team next year, im pretty confident on that one.

i believe schroeder will play with hodgson next year 3rd line

schroeder hodgson grabner :)

however samuelsson is definitely a better fit with the sedins then burrows, and him being a right-hand shot.

pp even.

so who would wing kesler? raymond kesler? maybe grabner perhaps? then bernier would be 3rd line with schroeder and hodgson.

but what i do know for sure is schroeder hodgson and grabner will all make the team next year, im pretty confident on that one.

What makes you think Hodgson will make the team next year? He wasn't all that spectacular in the OHL this season. I honestly think a full year of playing with men in the AHL will do wonders for his game. If Grabner can keep playing with speed he will make the team, and if Schroeder keeps showing off his skills right now he has made a strong case for himself too.

What makes you think Hodgson will make the team next year? He wasn't all that spectacular in the OHL this season. I honestly think a full year of playing with men in the AHL will do wonders for his game. If Grabner can keep playing with speed he will make the team, and if Schroeder keeps showing off his skills right now he has made a strong case for himself too.

Really because wasn't he procucng at a decent rate for someone commming off such a serious back injury, he's gotta be the leader this season on Brampton for at least points per game. I understand it wasn't his best season but thats because he's didn't play most it, playoffs banged him up a bit aswell. In the games he played he single handedly as a forward stole a couple games for his team down the stetch and garunteed them a playoff spot when no one thought they'd make it. Not sure if maybe i took your comment wrong just, thought I'd say when factoring the injury in I'd say it was a pretty decent season for what he got to play of it and if he has a good summer getting healthy and hits training camp at 100% instead of pre-injured laugh.gif I think he's got just as good of a shot as Schroeder.

There is no doubt that Cody Hodgson and Jordan Schroeder are extremely talented, but I wouldn't mind both of them spending a year in the AHL. I'd rather have them playing first line minutes then being on our 3rd line, I personally think it would help them even more and they can jump on the Canucks the next year. No need to be in a rush.

Just me thinking out loud, if they are on the team next year. Great.

13GP and the coaches around vote him the smartest player AGAIN in 13 GAMES.....

What are you smoking? Give me some.

You guys are trying to make the Schroeder thread about Hodgson ?

I have never seen a prospect so ridiculously over hyped in my life than Cody Hodgson.

But back to Schroeder (remember him? its his thread right?) ....

Hes already proving to be good enough to play in the AHL at 19 and not only that, thrive.

You guys are trying to make the Schroeder thread about Hodgson ?

I have never seen a prospect so ridiculously over hyped in my life than Cody Hodgson.

But back to Schroeder (remember him? its his thread right?) ....

Hes already proving to be good enough to play in the AHL at 19 and not only that, thrive.

daigle?

There is no doubt that Cody Hodgson and Jordan Schroeder are extremely talented, but I wouldn't mind both of them spending a year in the AHL. I'd rather have them playing first line minutes then being on our 3rd line, I personally think it would help them even more and they can jump on the Canucks the next year. No need to be in a rush.

Totally agree....

But what makes me scratch my head is what we are going to do in three or so years when we have the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Raymond, Grabner, Hodgson, and Schroeder all more than capable (hopefully) of being top 6 guys. I know it is a nice problem to have, but I wonder who will be on the outside looking in....

Well, from Moose fans.. They've been saying that Schroeder looks way more better then when Cody Hodgson came to the Moose..

Schroeder is actually making an impact.

Hodgson played 80+ games before joining the moose and still had 6 points in 11 playoff games.

Schroeder played 40 weekend games. He also didn't get thrown right into the middle of a conference championship series.

Hodgson was pretty much exhausted already when he was assigned to the Moose last year, but still managed 6 pts in 11 games played (in the playoffs too, no less).

As for Schroeder, it's true that he's had a fantastic start to his pro career, but I'd like to see him spend a whole year down in the AHL just so he can adjust to the tougher 80 game schedule, rather than a 40 game one played mostly on Fridays and Saturdays. Hodgson joining the Moose last year and Schroeder joining Manitoba this year are two different situations - you can't really compare the two when it comes to their pro performance.

Totally agree....

But what makes me scratch my head is what we are going to do in three or so years when we have the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Raymond, Grabner, Hodgson, and Schroeder all more than capable (hopefully) of being top 6 guys. I know it is a nice problem to have, but I wonder who will be on the outside looking in....

Raymond will probably fall victim, while Burrows can still end up being a more than effective third liner.

I totally agree.

Give him a call up during the season.

13GP and the coaches around vote him the smartest player AGAIN in 13 GAMES.....

What are you smoking? Give me some.

I didn't know that.

I really hope that he gets out of this development slump.

Totally agree....

I bet that we will have one or two years of a pretty stacked roster while some young guys are on entry level contracts.

I look forward to this predicament.

Is there any possibility for Schroeder being brought up now? Is he signed under a pro contract with the canucks? Our 4th line if it's not going to be an energy bang line, might as well have Pavol play with someone with skills?

Just a thought

Is there any possibility for Schroeder being brought up now? Is he signed under a pro contract with the canucks? Our 4th line if it's not going to be an energy bang line, might as well have Pavol play with someone with skills?

Just a thought

I think he is on a ATO right now and isn't actually having any of his pro contract time getting eat up yet....not 100% for sure though.

According to CapGeek.com his contract doesn't kick in until next season......

START YEAR: 2010 END YEAR: 2013 TYPE: ENTRY LEVEL EXPIRY STATUS: RFA

SEASON TYPE AHL SALARY SALARY BONUSES CAP HIT

2010-2011 TWO-WAY $67,500 $900,000 $125,000 $1,025,000

2011-2012 TWO-WAY $67,500 $900,000 $125,000 $1,025,000

2012-2013 TWO-WAY $67,500 $900,000 $125,000 $1,025,000

I really hope that [Hodgson] gets out of this development slump.

One thing that is great about Schroeder is that he can take tons of pressure of Hodgson. It may put pressure on Hodgson from his own personal standpoint since he is about equal (or, using the term loosely, 'behind') Schroeder in development right now, but it takes off the pressure from the organizational standpoint: there are only so many spots on the team for developing young players. It is one thing to have either Schroeder or Hodgson on the third line over an experienced guy like Wellwood, but to have two (or three, with Grabner) inexperienced players has its obvious concerns when you are an elite team pushing for a cup every year. (Mistakes in the playoffs=goals) Management and fans won't be so eager for the upside/downside of another rookie if we already have 1 or 2 on the team.

If Hodgson pushes too hard because he's worried about his spot on the team, it could be a bad thing. With some maturity, Hodgson can take advantage of the situation and take his sweet time in the AHL, take a year to rehab, get surgery if he needs it, or who knows, maybe he needs to move to the Yukon to "find himself"; whatever he needs.

Schroeder, who is absolutely ready and eager to make the jump, is here for us to compete for a spot and elevate our team.

Archived