The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

He has been on and off all year, I'm not really surprised. He is adjusting to the professional game, he has managed to stay around .5ppg, and has been rather disciplined with only 3 minors all year. If the numbers are the same this time next year, then there would be some room for concern.

yeah, a single season sampling is not even close to enough to form an opinion. if he shows improvement and an increase in production next season, then that's all we can ask for, as he's showing progression. if he regresses or stays flat, then warning flags might start going up, but even that might be premature. Some of the things I've seen him do have been amazing, but I've also failed to notice him some games altogether.

For now, I'll just say he's shown some great promise and I hope he can realize his potential.

GP G A PTS +/- PIM

JANUARY TOTALS   5 2 0  2  -2    6	

FEBRUARY TOTALS	13 2 7  9  -4   23

MARCH TOTALS    11 1 2  3   3   16

His goal in March was his first in 19 games (18 games between goals).

He looked good when I noticed him in the games at the beginning of the month. The problem is I didn't noticed him that much. Flashes of brilliance, but he needs to be more consistent.

GP G A PTS +/- PIM

JANUARY TOTALS   5 2 0  2  -2    6	

FEBRUARY TOTALS	13 2 7  9  -4   23

MARCH TOTALS    11 1 2  3   3   16

His goal in March was his first in 19 games (18 games between goals).

He looked good when I noticed him in the games at the beginning of the month. The problem is I didn't noticed him that much. Flashes of brilliance, but he needs to be more consistent.

Is he playing centre or wing?

I think with his small size and speed...he'd be more suited for wing.

Wow. Not much Schroeder love going on in here..

How has he been as of late?

He's just hit a minor bump in his development.

Selected by Vancouver Canucks round 1 #22 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006-07 U.S. National Under-18 Te NAHL 31 12 11 23 10
2007-08 U.S. National Under-18 Te NAHL 14 1 8 9 4
2008-09 U. of Minnesota WCHA 35 13 32 45 29
2009-10 U. of Minnesota WCHA 37 9 19 28 14
2009-10 Manitoba Moose AHL 11 4 5 9 0 6 3 3 6 4
2010-11 Manitoba Moose AHL 54 10 17 27 6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/code]

When he joined the Moose last year on an ATO, he was near PPG during the regular season, and was PPG in the playoffs. That set expectations very high, and now he is just under .5PPG.

He's just hit a minor bump in his development.

Selected by Vancouver Canucks round 1 #22 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----

Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006-07  U.S. National Under-18 Te   NAHL   31   12   11   23   10

2007-08  U.S. National Under-18 Te   NAHL   14    1    8    9    4

2008-09  U. of Minnesota             WCHA   35   13   32   45   29

2009-10  U. of Minnesota             WCHA   37    9   19   28   14

2009-10  Manitoba Moose              AHL    11    4    5    9    0   6   3   3   6   4

2010-11  Manitoba Moose              AHL    54   10   17   27    6

When he joined the Moose last year on an ATO, he was near PPG during the regular season, and was PPG in the playoffs. That set expectations very high, and now he is just under .5PPG.

Which is understandable considering this is his first season in the AHL where the schedule is very condensed and packed with a lot of travel. It's a big adjustment for any college player used to playing once a week, I'm not worried and I hope neither of you are either, it's all apart of the growing pains associated with a young developing player. I am confident he will turn it around next year and have more consistency which will be key for him going forward.

he still has a couple years before any worry starts to set in.

my thoughts exactly, I was very interested with his development early on this season but after he got injured I just lost it. He is still one of my favorite prospects nonetheless, apparently he has a nice bond going on with Hodgson so that's always nice to hear.

Which is understandable considering this is his first season in the AHL where the schedule is very condensed and packed with a lot of travel. It's a big adjustment for any college player used to playing once a week, I'm not worried and I hope neither of you are either, it's all apart of the growing pains associated with a young developing player. I am confident he will turn it around next year and have more consistency which will be key for him going forward.

Exactly, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. The American Hockey League season is a much bigger grind then the NCAA season, you have to play almost every second day, while you just play weekend in the NCAA. You have to be a lot more consistent.

I'm confused. Why did people start reposting in this thread which has been dead for almost a year instead of putting their comments in the Jordan Schroeder Talk thread?

Ave appears to have bumped it, likely by mistake. I hadn't noticed till you pointed it out.

Archived