The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Mavs rainbow threes aren't gonna go down in Miami.

Shooting ability isn't decreased when you don't have home court advantage; shooting is just all on the player.

Dirk Rainbow Jumper for Three... beauty.

That was an amazing shot, wow :)

Remember game 3 when the Mavs had all the open looks but couldn't sink anything? Totally the opposite today... on fire from beyond the arc.

C'mon Mavs, you won once in Miami, you can do it again :towel:

Man, the only ones ripping LeBron thinking he had a bad game are uneducated basketball fans.Sure he didn't play great, but he sure as hell didn't play badly, the guy had a double team on him all night and still got a triple double.

Missed the game tonight I was stoked for game 5 but had to go help out my mom and glad the Mavs won but would have loved to watch it. Nobody is taking me away from the TV Sunday when the Mavs take the Championship

If they want to win they've got to do it Sunday. If it goes to 7 I can't see Dallas winning it. Should be a beauty!

Shooting ability isn't decreased when you don't have home court advantage; shooting is just all on the player.

I dunno about that, maybe for the best players in the league (Dirk included of course), but I think for all other players its easier to score at home with the crowd behind you and the familarity of the backdrop and lighting etc.

Its the same in hockey, even though all rinks are the same dimensions theres little things that make it easier at home.

Man, the only ones ripping LeBron thinking he had a bad game are uneducated basketball fans.Sure he didn't play great, but he sure as hell didn't play badly, the guy had a double team on him all night and still got a triple double.

u put far too much stock in stats

first u say dirk didnt play a killer game cuz he went 6 of 19, meanwhile hes playing with a fever ala mj, and hits the game winner

then u say lebron had a good game cuz he had triple double, but when it mattered he choked and had 2 points and has choked all series in the 4th quarter

stats dont tell the whole story, im not a lebron fan as u can probably tell, but the guy is one hell of a player, but he is not a winner, and is not a champion, yet, and until he is, all the criticism he gets, imo he deserves, cuz he has dubbed himself the king, and chosen and yada yada, yada, im sure he doesnt care what ppl think of him, and he shouldnt, but perhaps he should show some more humility until he actually wins a championship

Wtf is a rainbow jumper, is it another name for fade away?

A rainbow jumper is a shot that is really high at its apex in contrast to normal that has an average apex. It goes higher than normal shots. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0o5_gsF78

Lebron's mom - Delonte West last year.

This year: Lebron's girlfriend - Rashard Lewis.

Ouch!

u put far too much stock in stats

first u say dirk didnt play a killer game cuz he went 6 of 19, meanwhile hes playing with a fever ala mj, and hits the game winner

then u say lebron had a good game cuz he had triple double, but when it mattered he choked and had 2 points and has choked all series in the 4th quarter

stats dont tell the whole story, im not a lebron fan as u can probably tell, but the guy is one hell of a player, but he is not a winner, and is not a champion, yet, and until he is, all the criticism he gets, imo he deserves, cuz he has dubbed himself the king, and chosen and yada yada, yada, im sure he doesnt care what ppl think of him, and he shouldnt, but perhaps he should show some more humility until he actually wins a championship

Miami didn't choke, Dallas just played amazing and hit some big shots at the end. everyone keeps saying LeBron should be looking to score in fourth quarter, but that's just not smart basketball when u have a double team guarding u and knockdown shooters wide open.

Alssoooo, let's not forget guys, LA was down 3-2 to Boston last year going home and won both games ;) Boston had all the calls going their way, and then when it switched to LA the calls went the Lakers way. Seems pretty similiar to me.

Miami didn't choke, Dallas just played amazing and hit some big shots at the end. You keep saying LeBron should have looked to score at the end, but that's just not smart basketball when u have a double team guarding u and knockdown shooters wide open.

i didnt say miami choked, i said lebron choked

ya cuz jordan and wade and kobe and dirk to name a few, never get doubled, yet they constantly knock/knocked down huge shots in the clutch

plus the shots he does take he misses, so ur point on not scoring is invalid, he still takes shots, and he misses them

i didnt say miami choked, i said lebron choked

ya cuz jordan and wade and kobe and dirk to name a few, never get doubled, yet they constantly knock/knocked down huge shots in the clutch

plus the shots he does take he misses, so ur point on not scoring is invalid, he still takes shots, and he misses them

Say what you want, LeBron did knock down clutch shots in both the Boston and Chicago series and carried his team to victory. He hasn't done it yet this series, he has 2 games at home to change that.

And your player comparison isn't right, especially with Kobe, Jordan, and Dirk. All three of those guys are shooters, that was their bread and butter in the clutch. LeBron is not a jump shooter, he is an all around player and a offensive threat because of the way he drives to the basket. Its a lot harder to do that against a double team than it is to pull up for a J.

Miami needs an answer for Dallas' huge 4th quarters. No one can stop Dirk it seems and the Heat looked lost.

Their home record is stellar though so I can see them taking it to 7.

I'm a HUGE LBJ fan but there's a little tiny piece inside of me thinking that the Heat could win it next year and this may be the last shot guys like Dirk and Jason Kidd have. But that little part of me is very small.

just read this and lold

"I asked Lebron James to give me change for a dollar, he gave me 75 cents, apparently he doesn't have a 4th quarter!"

and a little off topic, but i heard another doozy on tsn today "what time is it in boston? "12 past luongo"...ouch

Archived