The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

two stay at home d-men on one pairing and 2 offensive minded d-men on the 2nd pairing? (assuming baumer and nauts are then paired). I'd rather balance out nauts offensive flair with some goof old fashioned stay at home goodness with Sauve. they showed some chemistry last year as well, so I'd like to explore that scenario a bit.

Baumgartner - Tanev => both right-handed

Sauve - Connauton => both left-handed

Sauve - Tanev

=> shutdown pairing - both are good defensively, meaning they can trust each other and develop their offensive game, trusting their partner to cover for them

Connauton - Baumgartner

=> may be Sebastian Erixon that play on the second pairing. Erixon seems better defensively and put up some good offensive numbers in the SEL.

Looks like we got ourselves a CHL affiliate... missing an E in front of the league name though. tongue.gif

Wolves Team Up With Mavericks

Saturday, 17 September 2011 20:29 Email | Print

|0917_wolves_mavs.jpg

The Chicago Wolves have reached a one-year affiliation agreement with the Missouri Mavericks of the Central Hockey League.

"The Missouri Mavericks are a very professional and well-run organization," said Wolves General ManagerWendell Young. "Their organization shares our perspective when it comes to running a hockey team and we are proud to partner with such a successful franchise. I think this will be a great relationship"

The Missouri Mavericks play at the 5,800 seat Independence Events Center in Independence, Mo., and averaged 5,406 fans per game during the 2010-11 season. The Mavericks were honored as the CHL's Franchise of the Year last season, just their second in the league. On the ice, Missouri registered a 37-23-6 record last year and reached the Conference Semifinals in the 2011 CHL playoffs.

The Wolves will open their 18th season in Texas when they battle the San Antonio Rampage at the AT&T Center on Sat., Oct. 8, at 7 p.m. The club will face the Milwaukee Admirals for the team's home opener, presented by LifeSource, at the Allstate Arena on Sat., Oct. 15, at 7 p.m. For more information on ticket packages, visitchicagowolves.comor call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.

It's strange how the Wolves will be able to assign their own players to either Missouri of the CHL or Kalamazoo of the ECHL. In other news:

Canucks reduce pre-season roster by 10

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that the Canucks have reduced their pre-season roster by 11 players.

The following players have been assigned to their junior club:

Kellan Tochkin, Right Wing (Medicine Hat, WHL)

The following players have been assigned to the Chicago Wolves:

Anton Rodin, Wing

Taylor Ellington, Defence

Alex Friesen, Centre

Prab Rai, Centre

Adam Polasek, Defence

Stefan Schneider, Defence

The following players have been released to the Chicago Wolves:

Matt Clackson, Left Wing

Nathan Longpre, Forward

The following player has been released:

Manny Legace, Goaltender

It's strange how the Wolves will be able to assign their own players to either Missouri of the CHL or Kalamazoo of the ECHL. In other news:

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=589575

I wonder how they decided that Longpre and Rai are to be sent down without playing a preseason game? Or did they each already play one? At least maybe they think Clackson and Longpre might be good enough to make the Wolves. I thought Tochkin was headed for the ECHL for sure too.

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=589575

I wonder how they decided that Longpre and Rai are to be sent down without playing a preseason game? Or did they each already play one? At least maybe they think Clackson and Longpre might be good enough to make the Wolves. I thought Tochkin was headed for the ECHL for sure too.

Archived