The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official NHL 12 Thread.

BoKnowsHockey

Guest Voucer

A few more things I noticed today:

- Players will get up right away when they fall on their own.

- Slap shots in the slot tend to go in quite often.

- AI players on a breakaway will actually try to deke now.

- Goaltenders move better laterally, and also move more quickly.

- Wristshots and snapshots go in more often on breakaways and penalty shots now.

- Backhanders are less accurate.

- Again, goaltenders make mistakes. If you come across from the side, you can bait the goalie into cheating across the crease, leaving the shortside open. The goaltender can over-commit at times and will periodically let in bad goals.

- The puck is more lively; once a shot hits something, the puck will bounce in a different direction at a higher velocity. I blocked a Chara slapshot in the slot, and the puck bounced out to the neutral zone. The puck actually bounces and rolls now too.

- When the goalie kicks the puck into the corner, he actually kicks it pretty hard into the corner.

- Because you actually don't have control of the puck when you wind up for a slap shot, the puck is considered a loose puck and may be stolen. I wound up a shot to clear it, and it was one-timed by the opposing player for a goal. At the same time, winding up too long will cause you to drift away from the puck. Timing is everything now. Slap shots will be much more difficult in traffic as the chances of it being picked off is high.

- Puck control is much better, and loose pucks are picked up more easily now. This means rebounds can be collected more quickly as well.

- The game gives you a bit more leeway to move backward at the start of a penalty shot/shootout attempt.

- Players actually put their heads down when they're hustling. They'll also put their head down if they're physically tired.

- Mason Raymond looks like Mason Raymond.

I did witness a pretty awesome moment when I slipped the puck past Tim Thomas' five-hole and it was rolling on its side at a pretty quick rate into the net. I subsequently crashed into him, and as he fell he flopped around and swatted it away with his paddle just as it was crossing the goal line.

The guy probably just didn't agree with you.

-Just played the demo at my cousins. Can't really give a fair analysis on most things, as him and me played on the same team. Skating is different. (If you don't like the speed, you can change it in the game). Scoring is harder (Thank, @$%@#$% god!! This is gonna sound weird, but hopefully I can lose now. I

usually win all games like 7-3 or 6-2. Now the games might be 3-2 or 2-0.) This is good.

-The deking is harder to do at top speed. (If you do a toe drag to go around someone, you slow down).

-Hitting is awesome. Not all hits are huge. (One hit, kesler did a 360 on his back. BIG HIT, looked realistic too.

-Another comment on hitting, something I LOVED! (Me and my cousin were playing and som guy was coming down the left side. I hipcheck him, and my cousin is behind me. The guy rolls over both of us. It was pretty cool)

-( I didn't test Be a Pro.)

- I didn't see any glass breaks

- AI is improved.. MASSIVLY

- Big news too that I noticed, might make me buy the game solely on this

The other team actually had a realistic amount of shots!!!

So far digging the new game....

Not many major changes, but why fix it if it isn't broken?

Definitely feels way more realistic in pretty much every aspect, I love that you can't just toe drag around every d-man for the quick deke cheese goal.

Slapshots are way harder to pull off and you can't just wait out the goalie now cause the puck drifts away from you or gets stolen.

I also like that they adjusted how long you have to hold the trigger to do a proper pass, you can actually just tap the pass button now and the puck won't just slide 10'.

As other people have said, this is just the demo and I'm sure the final product will be a lot more polished.

A few more things I noticed today:

- Players will get up right away when they fall on their own.

- Slap shots in the slot tend to go in quite often.

- AI players on a breakaway will actually try to deke now.

- Goaltenders move better laterally, and also move more quickly.

- Wristshots and snapshots go in more often on breakaways and penalty shots now.

- Backhanders are less accurate.

- Again, goaltenders make mistakes. If you come across from the side, you can bait the goalie into cheating across the crease, leaving the shortside open. The goaltender can over-commit at times and will periodically let in bad goals.

- The puck is more lively; once a shot hits something, the puck will bounce in a different direction at a higher velocity. I blocked a Chara slapshot in the slot, and the puck bounced out to the neutral zone. The puck actually bounces and rolls now too.

- When the goalie kicks the puck into the corner, he actually kicks it pretty hard into the corner.

- Because you actually don't have control of the puck when you wind up for a slap shot, the puck is considered a loose puck and may be stolen. I wound up a shot to clear it, and it was one-timed by the opposing player for a goal. At the same time, winding up too long will cause you to drift away from the puck. Timing is everything now. Slap shots will be much more difficult in traffic as the chances of it being picked off is high.

- Puck control is much better, and loose pucks are picked up more easily now. This means rebounds can be collected more quickly as well.

- The game gives you a bit more leeway to move backward at the start of a penalty shot/shootout attempt.

- Players actually put their heads down when they're hustling. They'll also put their head down if they're physically tired.

- Mason Raymond looks like Mason Raymond.

I did witness a pretty awesome moment when I slipped the puck past Tim Thomas' five-hole and it was rolling on its side at a pretty quick rate into the net. I subsequently crashed into him, and as he fell he flopped around and swatted it away with his paddle just as it was crossing the goal line.

Yes, I love the fact you dont have control of the puck on a slap shot. So many people just hold the slapper till they get to the front of my goalie and just blast it in the corners :( ....And the Sedins are actually good in the game, unlike NHL 11 where they are too slow and all they have is the shot.

Archived