The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

<p>Just a quick update on my end. I know you guys are anxious (trust me, me too), but going through 1500 players is a lot of work. At this time, I'm done re-rating the players and am just putting them into the system. It shouldn't take too much longer, so bear with me!

As most of you have noticed, I've pretty much put contract negotiations on hold until I'm done the re-rates. Thanks for the continued support and patience everyone. :)

21m5fm0.jpg

2011-2012 VHL SEASON AWARDS

11ttvt4.jpg

Art Ross Trophy

MmQqGh.png

With 96 points to lead the league in the regular season, Henrik Zetterberg is the clear winner of this year's VHL Art Ross Trophy. The talented two-way forward initially registered an astounding 44 points in 43 games before he was traded from the Detroit Red Wings to the Boston Bruins. Without looking back, Henrik Zetterberg continued on his amazing point streak and registered 52 points in 42 games. With 36 goals and 60 assists, Henrik Zetterberg's amazing run has allowed him to capture this year's VHL Art Ross Trophy.

William M. Jennings Trophy

MFPz9O.png

In 58 games, Jonathan Quick posted a 2.04 goal-against average. Rookie teammate Jonathan Bernier also showed that he was more than capable of stopping the puck with a 2.11 goal-against average. The duo net-minders, who allowed only 184 goals against over the course of 82 games, helped the Los Angeles Kings capture their first ever William M. Jennings Trophy.

2011-2012 VHL SEASON AWARDS

11ttvt4.jpg

James Norris Memorial Trophy

0tH9yy.png

The Norris Trophy might as well be renamed as Nicklas Lidstrom captures his 8th James Norris Memorial Trophy to tie Bobby Orr this season. The slick Swede managed to put up 44 points in 82 games even though the Detroit Red Wings are currently going through a rebuilding process. Despite the minus 3 rating, Lidstrom has been one of the most consistent defensemen in the VHL this season. At age 42, Nicklas Lidstrom has played every game this season showing that he is still one of the most durable players in the NHL. Unfortunately for Detroit, it is still uncertain what Nick's decision is this off-season. Will he come back as a mentor to help with the rebuild? Or will one of the greatest defensemen in the history of hockey finally call it quits?

Archived