The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mark Messier believes he's still owed money from his days with the Canucks

R.Luongo.1

Mark's identity is quite public as it's evident to anyone who comes into contact with him. I'm sorry, but you'd have a massively uphill battle ahead of you if you want to legally prove that laying eyes on the guy suddenly becomes national security.

Not to mention the fact that he didn't state where he works, what he really does, who he is, when he saw him, or any specific instances of the meeting. Hell, I think you'd have an amazingly difficult time even trying to find out who the poster is, before you try to sue him for saying Mark isn't a nice person. I'm sure if he was really concerned about your drivel, he'd simply edit his post to say, "I met Mark though my work and talked with him quite a bit. Based on that meeting, I'd be happy if I didn't have to talk to him again".

I think you'd have better luck with THAT frivolous lawsuit in the US, than up here. But if you want to go ahead and insinuate that Mr Messier is going to try to make someone lose their job, because they didn't like him, then I guess you can go ahead and play that extreme. It's fairly evident to anyone in here that you're arguing simply for the sake of arguing and you don't care about right or wrong, you just want to pull technicalities to try to win the argument. You're attempting to split hairs so finely that they're barely visible, just so you can walk away from this discussion feeling like "you told them", and you can be the SMRT one. Your ego must have a healthy appetite with the ferocity with which you beat that poor dead horse. It's funny, because I saw you say on here that you don't post, since most of the people are just idiots that argue with you and can't have an intelligent discussion. Yet you don't seem to know how to have an intelligent discussion yourself. You're confusing the words "discussion", with "debate". Even when fronted with clear, concise, factual information, you then change focus and attack something else. Tell me.... Have you ever been wrong about anything in your life?

I also think it's quite funny how you vigorously defended Messier as a player, teammate, and person in this thread, until someone who's actually apparently MET him, backs up everyone's assumptions of him. Then, instead of perhaps tasting a small piece of humble pie, you decide to attack him for stating it because it's against the law.

Masterful tactic to avoid admitting that yeah....Messier is a dick. And nobody likes, or respects him. Most people have learned that his reputation was built on a superteam, where nobody could do wrong, and an uneducated mass of supporters in the biggest market in North America, who believed whatever he, or his handlers, told them. He's like 50 cent. He goes on telling people how amazing he is, how smart he is, and how everyone NEEDS to respect him, that all the sheep start to actually believe him, and blindly follow.

I also think it's quite funny how you vigorously defended Messier as a player, teammate, and person in this thread, until someone who's actually apparently MET him, backs up everyone's assumptions of him. Then, instead of perhaps tasting a small piece of humble pie, you decide to attack him for stating it because it's against the law.

Masterful tactic to avoid admitting that yeah....Messier is a dick. And nobody likes, or respects him. Most people have learned that his reputation was built on a superteam, where nobody could do wrong, and an uneducated mass of supporters in the biggest market in North America, who believed whatever he, or his handlers, told them. He's like 50 cent. He goes on telling people how amazing he is, how smart he is, and how everyone NEEDS to respect him, that all the sheep start to actually believe him, and blindly follow.

When I was a kid I lived in Northern Alberta in the 80's, the glory days for the Edmonton Oilers. Our little league hockey coach took the team to watch an Oilers game in the city... we all waited eagerly outside the then Northlands Coliseum before the game to get autographs from the players.

Messier pulls up in his Porsche and being kids we all flock to his car to get his autograph. Afterwards as we are walking away I hear him say to our coach "Next time let me get out of my car first!".

I have had ZERO respect for that guy ever since. I might have only been 12 at the time... but I knew a douche bag when I saw/heard one!

Archived