The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Vancouver Canucks 2011-2012 Magic Number Thread

cleowin

Wednesday, January 4th, 2012:

Western Conference Magic Number Chart has been updated!

Vancouver is now 1st in the League!

MIN and ANA drop 2 magic points!

All other teams drop 1 magic point!

ADMIN, please pin this topic!

I love this thread.

One thing that I think is valuable and could be added is "points pace"... I think you had one last year.

It's a good way to see how teams compare when there is a significant difference in games played.

Saturday, January 7th, 2012:

SORRY FOR THE LATE POST ONCE AGAIN!!

Western Conference Magic Number Chart has been updated!

A CHANGE Column has been added which represents the change in Magic Number after the day's updated action!

DET, MIN, LAK, COL, and EDM drop 2 Magic Points!

All other teams drop 1 Magic Point!

True. I appreciate the hard work, and the following can be a bit complicated if you aren't familiar with the functions of Excel, but if you do feel like trying this you can automatically have the points pace by entering the following equation.

1) Pick the cell (box) which you want to have the points pace in.

2) Click the "fx" (function) button right above the table.

3) Select "sum"

4) Enter: ("the cell with points for that team"/"the cell with games played for that team")*82

It will look something like this (depending on where you table is situated):

(I3/D3)*82

If there are too many decimal points, you can "format cells" by right clicking on the cell an selecting "number" and then changing the "decimal places" option to "0".

Again, you're doing a great job, I just thought I'd lay that out for you in case you're interested since you seem like a stats-happy guy.

if you are doing on excellcan you selectthe removegridlins option and just break the tex with the borders option, it looks so much better then.

also can you colour filter by division so rather than having to do a conferance and division table at a quick glace we can pick them out of the one

if you are doing on excellcan you selectthe removegridlins option and just break the tex with the borders option, it looks so much better then.

also can you colour filter by division so rather than having to do a conferance and division table at a quick glace we can pick them out of the one

Archived