The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Anyone From The Canucks Ever Said That Ballard Is Out Until The Playoffs?

DeNiro

Like I said, I believe that he was actually injured, nowhere did I say he was faking it.

But the thing with concussions is, it's up to the team how cautious they want to be. No one can tell the Canucks they have to play Ballard as soon as he's sypmtom free. Cause as everyone knows, you're alot more vulnerable to get a concussion just after you've had one.

For all management knew, he was going to be out for the rest of the season, because you just don't know with concussions. But since no deal was made to bring in another dfenceman at the deadline, maybe they start to push Ballard a little more to get back. Not that they would ever risk his health, but maybe they just go from being overly cautious, to cautious.

Good to see he's back at the arena though, whatever he's doing there. That's a good sign because it means he's over the dizziness that comes with lights and sounds.

Guess we should not have been looking at Ballard the enforcer? I wonder when the injury took place...

PS; My guess is it is a legitimate injury. I also dont believe we would fake for the sake of creating cap space via LTIR; there must be safeguards in place in terms of accountability. Souray and others were buried in the minors over not playing up to their slaries, plus Ballard was playing well.

It appears to me MG was asleep at the wheel, a new turn of events. If Gragnani was his solution, he woke up and swerved...

I stand corrected on my view of LTI, as per CBA

" Long-Term Injuries:"

• A player expected to miss at least 10 games and 24 days due to injury can be listed as a long-term injury (LTI).

• An LTI can be covered by replacement players, as long as the replacement salaries do not exceed the salary of the injured player.

• If the replacement salaries would push a team over the salary cap, the team is allowed cap relief, but only for the portion of the salary that exceeds the cap.

• When the injured player returns, the team must immediately comply with the normal terms of the salary cap.

So the question is wether or not Ballard will be back and if so, how much room do they have in CAP

, who would need to visit Chicago until the playoffs?

I like this post finally someone using their brain on CdC. I believe he will be back as soon as he is ready. MG is all about having a classy organization It wouldn't be in his character to place him on the IR just so he could pull off a big deal and put us way over the cap. That would be like cheating and I as a fan wouldn't want to win the cup with a unfair advantage due to some back room scheming not the nuck style. We can still be the most hated team in hockey with out doing stuff like that.

I also Believe the Coho trade was carefully planned out and been in the works for quite a while hence the sheltered mins against teams 3rd lines for coho the trade for Phalsson clinched it cody could be moved for assets we needed and we would have a more balanced lineup with a 3rd line that could actually play tough mins. We couldn't afford to give Cody those mins come playoffs he was too much of a liability against other teams top lines.

Fans always want quick fixes like burying guys in the minors or putting them LTIR but it just doesn't work that way.

I don't always agree with the moves Mike Gillis makes but he seems to more than respectful when it comes to dealing with and treating players. I just can't see a circumstance where he would put a player on IR just for cap reasons.

Unfortunately Ballard appears to be quite injured. He has been out a long time now. If this was a cap move I'd think he would have been back by now. Especially the way the defence is playing.

Archived