The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bedrock Of Vaccination Theory Crumbles As Science Reveals Antibodies Not Necessary To Fight Viruses

DarthNinja

Canadian Measles Outbreak Hits the Vaccinated. Excuses Abound.

Canada has been experiencing a large measles outbreak. More than half of the cases may be among people who have been “fully” vaccinated—that is, they had received all the mandated doses.

Measles is supposed to be a disease of the past, one that’s been wiped out by vaccines. What went wrong?

All sorts of excuses are being made, from blaming the unvaccinated to blaming immigrants to suggesting that the vaccine schedule isn’t aggressive enough to wondering if a pool of “susceptibles” has been building up over the years.

Reasons/Excuses Given in Studies Reported at Conference

Studies of the Canadian measles outbreak were presented at a meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America this month. Dr. Gaston De Serres, an infectious diseases expert with the Quebec’s public health agency, is the lead author of one the studies, “Lower than expected vaccine efficacy in two-dose recipients and higher risk with younger age at first dose.” He states that the real question is, “How could it have happened?” He was referring to 52 of 98 measles cases in teens who’d been fully vaccinated. De Serres believes that timing of the measles vaccination is the issue.

Measles vaccinations are not given until a child is at least a year old. It’s believed that this is because the mother’s measles antibodies kill the vaccine viruses before babies can develop new antibodies of their own. So, De Serres suggests giving the vaccine on a different schedule, or possibly adding a third jab.

De Serres doesn’t explain why it has taken so many years since the measles vaccine was implemented for this outbreak to occur. Nor does he explain why so many who have had the second vaccination a few years later are also coming down with measles.

Another study, by Philippe Belanger, Ministère de la santé et des services sociaux du Québec, Montréal, is titled “Americas since 2000: Quebec ongoing epidemic.” Belanger stated:

While this still ongoing outbreak feeds largely on unvaccinated individuals, the high proportion of cases who received two doses raises concerns on vaccine effectiveness. However, the take-home message is still to get vaccinated.

Belanger overstates the facts. In some areas, as demonstrated by De Serres’ study, more of the vaccinated have come down with measles.

Exactly why getting vaccinated is the “take-home message” doesn’t appear to be explained. As is so often the case in vaccination issues, the need for vaccines is taken on faith. It’s beyond question. In other words, no matter what new information is learned—no matter how badly vaccines fail to prevent disease—the line is always the same:

Get vaccinated. Get vaccinated. GET VACCINATED!

Thou shalt not question thy Lord Doctor’s command. No matter what evidence is presented. No matter what logic says. No matter what you’ve experienced. Do not question the official vaccination line.

Examining the “Protect Babies Too Young for Vaccine” Excuse

One of the most common excuses for forcing people to be vaccinated is to protect babies presumed too young to receive vaccinations. It makes no sense. It’s believed that they don’t need to be vaccinated because they already have the antibodies from their mothers. If that’s true—and we have every reason to believe that it is—then they don’t need to be protected from the unvaccinated.

Of course, the argument that people in other countries are the cause of measles outbreaks is also absurd. If the vaccines work, then the vaccinated should have no concerns.

Questioning Vaccinations Is Simply Not Allowed

De Serres and Belanger both begin and end from the same point: Vaccinations must be the solution. It matters not whether the facts fit the reality. They must be forced into the vaccines-are-the-solution theory. Because the US outbreak has been, per capita, far smaller than the Canadian one, De Serres suggests that the US vaccination schedule may be better than the Canadian one. However, he won’t entertain any concept that suggests a solution without vaccines.

However, one must ask why, if the vaccine is truly effective, it matters exactly when the doses are given, if they’re given after the age that’s believed effective and people coming down with measles have received them. Does the vaccine work or doesn’t it? And if people who’ve been vaccinated for measles, taking all the risks inherent in vaccinations, can’t expect to be protected from the disease, why should they have the vaccine? And finally, why aren’t these experts weighing the very real risks of vaccination against any benefits that they believe exist?

But then, to ask those questions violates a basic tenet of conventional medicine:

Get vaccinated. Get vaccinated. GET VACCINATED!

Anything that questions the vaccination doctrine is equivalent to questioning the foundation of conventional medicine.

http://gaia-health.com/gaia-blog/2011-10-27/canadian-measles-outbreak-hits-the-vaccinated-excuses-abound/

Instead of citing nutjob propoganda try citing a peer reviewed source. Not that you even seem to know what that is. Vaccination is heavily supported by every Doctor in the medical profession. Yes some vaccinations are more dangerous than others such as yellow fever as it requires a live vaccination. Most vaccinations (measles, mumps, rhubella etc.) use a dead virus which carries virtually zero risk. I can't remember his name there was one Doctor who tried to claim a certain vaccination caused Autism, once his report was subject to peer review it turned out he had specifically targetted children who showed signs of Autism spectrum disorder. The reason he did this he owned stock in a competing company that also made a vaccination for the same illness.

Instead of citing nutjob propoganda try citing a peer reviewed source. Not that you even seem to know what that is. Vaccination is heavily supported by every Doctor in the medical profession. Yes some vaccinations are more dangerous than others such as yellow fever as it requires a live vaccination. Most vaccinations (measles, mumps, rhubella etc.) use a dead virus which carries virtually zero risk. I can't remember his name there was one Doctor who tried to claim a certain vaccination caused Autism, once his report was subject to peer review it turned out he had specifically targetted children who showed signs of Autism spectrum disorder. The reason he did this he owned stock in a competing company that also made a vaccination for the same illness.

The doctors clearly aren't, but the same cannot be said about the people who mis-interpret the research.

The research itself never tested the effect of vaccine, and never once suggested that vaccines are not effective, and the results doesn't say anything about efficiency of vaccine. All the research says is that in the absence of antibodies, whether naturally produced or induced by vaccines, mice are able to survive one type of viral infection.

Does the article says that the innate immune system is more effective than the adaptive/antibody system? No.

Does the article says that antibodies are useless? No.

Does the article say that the innate immune system is sufficient for ALL infections? No.

Does the article say this research applies to human? No.

The list can go on...

Funny humans trying to play God.

We've survived this long without any need of preventative "medicine". it's sad that people would have been scared into believing it was now necessary. Stop injecting yourself and your children. Do not trust the Government.

Can you please clarify the specific "nutjob propaganda' you are referring to?

This has been published by Natural News, Medical News Today, Science Daily and it is from a Harvard Dr.'s study based on research published in the Immunity journal from Cell Press.

My Grandfather suddenly developed Polio in 1953. Despite being placed in an iron lung, he died within weeks. My very young Father and his brother and sister were some of the first in Canada to be issued with the groundbreaking Salk Vaccine soon afterwards.

As this table shows, the vaccine was very effective in wiping out Polio in Canada. Now it is almost unknown in our country.

http://www.healthheritageresearch.com/MCPlagueTable3.html

The doctors clearly aren't, but the same cannot be said about the people who mis-interpret the research.

The research itself never tested the effect of vaccine, and never once suggested that vaccines are not effective, and the results doesn't say anything about efficiency of vaccine. All the research says is that in the absence of antibodies, whether naturally produced or induced by vaccines, mice are able to survive one type of viral infection.

I think the bottom line is that doctors aren't infallible, and seem to be more governed by what will pad their wallets than what is good for their patients. Call me a murderer, but I didn't vaccinate my children until they were ready to go to school. I will not give them the varicella vaccine or the vaccine for HPV.

I think vaccines have helped eradicate some diseases, but I also think people blindly trust money-driven doctors and pharmacists who churn out snake oil for the masses. There are many doctor/pharmacist -created health issues in our society, and while I don't believe in all vaccinations I am quite happy to have escaped the age of polio and smallpox.

Who knows how our bodies would react to these diseases now? We have so much more medical knowledge than we did even in the 1950's. We know more about nutrition and what the body needs to maintain balance. I don't see eradicating vaccines as the answer, but perhaps more people need to question exactly why their doctors are recommending certain courses of action.

Thanks for the thought-provoking read, DarthNinja.

I think the bottom line is that doctors aren't infallible, and seem to be more governed by what will pad their wallets than what is good for their patients. Call me a murderer, but I didn't vaccinate my children until they were ready to go to school. I will not give them the varicella vaccine or the vaccine for HPV.

I think vaccines have helped eradicate some diseases, but I also think people blindly trust money-driven doctors and pharmacists who churn out snake oil for the masses. There are many doctor/pharmacist -created health issues in our society, and while I don't believe in all vaccinations I am quite happy to have escaped the age of polio and smallpox.

Who knows how our bodies would react to these diseases now? We have so much more medical knowledge than we did even in the 1950's. We know more about nutrition and what the body needs to maintain balance. I don't see eradicating vaccines as the answer, but perhaps more people need to question exactly why their doctors are recommending certain courses of action.

Thanks for the thought-provoking read, DarthNinja.

Archived