The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider In The Summer

The Magician

I am the first one who would suggest trading Luongo. For all reasons listed and the blatant fact that despite Luongo being an amazing goalie I believe Cory Schneider is a super natural coming. Their fate is in their hands so all we can do is imagine what could happen.

If Luongo struggles which I know he won't, Schneider will not only come in but completely shut the door. I would then imagine Av has a tough call to put Luongo in or not. what if Luongo blew up game 6 and Schneider took the game to OT and we won sending it to game 7 at home for the scf again.

In that scenario who do you pick and sign. I'd go with Cory.

They need to sigh Cory period. He's there future with a stellar attitude.

Lu is a solid goalie yes but he can no longer play 70 games a year period. Losing Cory would mean LU playing more and getting hurt. Lu is getting older and without a capbale back up LU would be under more pressure once again and his slow starts every year will end up bitting the Nucks in the ass. It would be great to keep both and platoon them but LU would never bite.

Gillis loosing Cory could ruin there cup winning chances in the future due to LU getting hurt significantly by more work and no longer having an up and coming star in Cory would put them back into the goalie graveyard. So I say sign both if possible or look to the future with Cory. Besides all you have to do is look at Calgary and how's it working with their older goalie needing to be played ever night?

If he isn't traded:

Sign him for 3 more seasons, 2.5 - 3.0m per for the purpose of a

PLATOON with Luo.

If Cory, and Luo, are both classy enough to equally share the load, and the spotlight, this is the best case scenario for this core group, as well as the fans.

You can't have enough depth in net.

I really hope Cory, and Luo are kept.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived