The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Only A Matter Of Time Before Players Don't Want To Sign In Vancouver.

doobie

Technically true, a small percentage is still a percentage but the fans can't act so classless and then turn around and wonder why everyone classifies us as the worse fans. You take into account the riots and the booing and the support we give our players and the constant whining about performances of every player and our coach and GM even when we are at the top of the league and it does seem like the fans here are melodramatic more so than most markets. The Leaf and Habs fan may boo and jeer but let's face it, their team sits at the bottom of the league.

If you go to the same place every night to eat and always got great service from a waitress and then she suddenly messes up your order one night, and you give her crap for it really loudly in front of everyone. It may be justified in your head but to those people around you, you still look like a classless tool.

fair enough, but if your waitress example is of Luongo, than you need a different atmosphere. The holidays are coming up and you plan on eating supper every night at your favorite restaurant. You make sure to make reservations for the whole week at your favorite table. You know you will be getting, who you concider to be ,the best waitress in the restaurant each night. The restaurant will be overly busy during these days. Your first day goes awesome, your second the same, your third everything goes wrong, your fourth goes a little better ,but the fifth is a nightmare and he have to voice your opinion. ect.

People jump on Luongo ,because of the playoffs they have a hard time separating his play from regular season and playoffs. Everytime he lets a bad goal in earl they are reminded of his play in Boston. I hate this, but they are here to stay and there is nothing we can do about it.

Totally. 8 goals in 7 games should easily be enough for a series win in the SCF.

Even with Cory's 1.96 GAA,

Game 1 - BOS 2 - VAN 1

Game 2 - BOS 2 - VAN 3

Game 3 - BOS 2 - VAN 1

Game 4 - BOS 2 - VAN 0

Game 5 - BOS 2 - VAN 1

BOS win SCF 4 games to 1

Believe it or not how we and the media treat the players will come back to bite us in the ass soon enough. Absolutely disgusting display by our fans last night and and many other times this season, I was at the game when Lou and Cory split a shut out. Lou got drilled with a slap shot in the neck and had to leave the game, hardly anyone cheered when he got up of the ice and everyone went nuts when saw Cory come in.

Love this team, hate these fans.

I know it's overly simplistic. But Luongo could still be argued as the best Canucks in the SCF. Won 2 games by himself. Minus his 2 shutouts and its a 4-1 series loss is what I'm saying. He get a majority of the blame but the REASON we lost is 8 goals in 7 games. Many still argue that had Vancouver won game 7, and Luongo pitched a shutout or 1-2 GA, he would have been a Conn Smythe winner.

Interesting thought...but no.  Allowing 8, 4, 4 and 3 goalies while getting pulled twice is not a CS performance.  If Vancouver had managed to win the Cup, I think Thomas would still have been the choice as MVP.  He didn't have a bad game in the SCF.

THis is overly simplistic.  Did Lu playto his GAA during the finals?  Besides, it's not about GAA in the finals...it's about timely saves; keeping the team in it when they are struggling; shutting the door after letting in an easy one...all of this allows the team to play with confidence.

Lu played some great games and stole some wins for the team but the games where he let in an early easy one, sucked the wind out of the team and he was unable to shut the door and give the team time to recover.

Our scoring was brutal but Thomas was the MVP of the SCF for a reason and he did not let in any easy goals and did not take any nights off.

Interesting thought...but no.  Allowing 8, 4, 4 and 3 goalies while getting pulled twice is not a CS performance.  If Vancouver had managed to win the Cup, I think Thomas would still have been the choice as MVP.  He didn't have a bad game in the SCF.

Archived