The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Kings 4, Canucks 2

Ryan Murray

Quick wasn't much of a factor. We can solve him if we play more 5-on-5.

Guarantee that the Canucks won't be giving the Kings that many PPs next game.

That being said, our PP was crap. Slow entry, too stationary and not enough quick passes or shots. I liked the effort on the last PP, we should be playing them all like that! You can't score if you don't shoot.

Luongo was amazing. Hamhuis was solid and Hansen was playing well as was Burr. But that about sums it up. I don't think they played well as a team. The Kings breakout was so smooth and tape to tape passes, Canucks looked kinda clunky. And too many giveaways!

Daniel, please get better! I miss seeing Sedin magic - feels like it has been ages :(

Oh and CBC... *sigh* Simpson just tries too hard <_<

This is one thing I hate about CDC. Just stop making predictions in the GDT. 90% of the predictions are us winning and we're just jinxing the team. We lost cause we couldn't score. I don't know what happened to kesler. He just doesn't seem as the same player as last year. Refs were a joke.

Officiating was reasonably fair. If anything they were easy on the Canucks. We certainly deserved some more. The Kings got away with some too. But take note that when there was a no call on a King there was also a noticable acting job by a Canuck. So, they could take 2 off the ice and not one. Result = no call at all.

Bitz will suspended for that hit.

Cup final difficulties becoming blatantly obvious yet again.

PP is dead.

Forwards don't show up.

Defense can't clear the puck.

LA came at us with full force. We were absolutely THROTTLED. Don't know if the team underestimated them or think it's going to be easy getting back to the Finals. Looked like they didn't take the game seriously.

One loss though. Not too worried. We were in it all game and LA barely squeaked it out and we played like absolutely crap.

Hopefully they wake up for Friday!

We are in some trouble in this series. The Queens play like us (close, tight scoring games) but they seem to be playing harder/ larger.

Our PP is so bad, I really don't understand what happened. Has the rest of the league has just caught up with our strategies or is there no drive? We dont' even seem capable of dump and chase I watch the pressure other teams have and we just tend to dump it in and have it shot right back down.

This game was a bit of a write off with the penalties, we made it close but come on when you take that many PIM it is trouble. I think we can come back but we need to un-screw the lines (they changed so much) and I do like Mayray but he should be on the 4th line/PK role. Put the top line the way it was, and reunite the AMEX (as, if Higgins is duct tape i'd rather have kesler+booth going over the 3rd line)

Hansen looked great, Lou looked great.

From the GDT:

One good thing about this game was Luongo's performance. He brought it tonight big time. He had 3 goals against but on 38 shots. The team better reward him with a better effort on Friday.

I'm actually of the opinion that it wasn't a horrible effort. The team was a mess defensively at times - What else is new? - but offensively all the lines gave a good effort. Kesler looked like he took it up a notch and finished the game with 2 assists, Hank looked as good as he has the last little while and created offense pretty much every shift he was out there, and like always the Pahlsson line was playing a tenacious brand of hockey, getting some chances in the offensive zone and also playing well in their own zone. BUT, at the end of the day it's the finish that counts and that's what worries me. It's not enough, especially in the playoffs, to just look good and get scoring chances. The PP is where this issue is most glaring. The team really could have used at least one goal on one of their man advantages. Would have changed the game. I reiterate that that's the team's biggest issue going forward here.

Archived