The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Have Faith In These Guys!

wasteofskin

"Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves." "Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves." Most of you have heard that phrase before, right?!?! Did you ever stop to think about what it really means? What are the little things? What are the big things? And, how do the big things take care of themselves?

As an athlete you need to focus on the "little things", the aspects of your game that you directly control. You have control over how you execute your offense and defense. You have control over your hustle, your speed, your drive and your effort. You have control as you are positioning your body against your opponent. You have control over your attitude, your spirit, your passion, and your good sportsmanship.

The bigger things are not in your direct control. Don't concern yourself with the referees (or officials), or the way the other team is performing. You can't control the crowd, the coaches, or your teammates. Don't focus on these aspects. The bigger things will take care of themselves.

If you focus on the bigger things- the score, the calls, or the opponent, then your individual effort will suffer. Blocks will be missed, rebounds will be lost, turn-overs will happen. Keep your mind and body focused on only the items that you can control and that you need to

perform.

When you execute the little things to perfection, then the score and the victory will take care of themselves! The victory will happen. It will happen because each one of you has done your part. Your collective efforts will come together as a victory.

THERE WILL COME A TIME WHEN THE COURAGE OF THE TEAM AND THE FANS WILL FAIL……..TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Can they do it? Most definitely.

Will they do it? Almost certainly not.

Personally, on the miniscule chance they force a game 7, I'd rather be completely overcome with shock and excitement, rather than feign that I believed in that outcome all along.

not saying this is going to happen with us, but with the parity of the NHL teams in the playoffs in the recent years, i cant imagine it will be another 40 years for a team to come back and win after being 3 down since the flyers

3-0 comebacks will become more & more frequent

hell it almost happened twice last year with the hawks and redwings

Archived