The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reasons Why Luongo Isn't Done In Vancouver? (Besides His Contract)

ngunn91

i don't think it would take much convincing on behalf of MG or the organization to get Lu to waive his NTC. in fact, I bet he'd waive it willingly if the team straight up said that they were going with Cory as the #1. Lu's a pro and will not want to be playing 2nd fiddle to Cory, he'd be happy to waive the NTC and continue to be a starter for someone somewhere else.

I dont think it's too big a deal either way which goalie they keep. The canucks are in a good spot with 2 quality goalies and whichever you trade, you are going to get an about equal value of assets back. Schneids has more trade value with a likely lower contract and is younger as well with still potential to get better

People forget that making the playoffs is not easy and that Lu is awesome at winning many regular season games and getting his team into the playoffs. He just has bad Octobers and playoffs. So what Lu is needed for is November until early April and another goalie is needed for is October and the playoffs.

Cory must be worth so much now to teams like Philli and Pitts who would be winning that series easily with a good goalie to go with their potent offenses. Both of those teams have players that we could use.

Luongo has too much pride/ego to be a goalie that plays 35-50 games yearly.

Lou knows that in the biggest game of the year they went with the other guy.

They'll roll with Scnieds til he loses.

If they switch to Lou and he loses...the embarrassment he'd feel...

These are reasons why I think Lou will request a move....

For all the people still thinking about trading Luongo and any associated conversations, CapGeek tweeted this today:

Lots of questions about Roberto Luongo's NTC. He has a full NTC but it does have a few stipulations. #NHL #Canucks

Most pertinent Luongo NTC stipulation is that after final 2013-14 game, he can supply five-team trade list valid through July 15, 2014.

Note that's *trade list*, not *no-trade list* ...

Archived