The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Have Never Beaten A Darryl Sutter Coached Team In The Playoffs

MikeGillis58

It happened in 2004 playoffs when Darryl Sutter was coach of the Calgary Flames and 2012 playoffs when he is coach of the Los Angeles Kings. For some reason, the Canucks seem to lose against Darryl Sutter in the playoffs. Keep in mind that the Canucks had home ice advantage in both these series yet somehow coach Sutter manage to pull off an upset.

Darryl Sutter may not be a good general manager, but he is a good coach.

It happened in 2004 playoffs when Darryl Sutter was coach of the Calgary Flames and 2012 playoffs when he is coach of the Los Angeles Kings. For some reason, the Canucks seem to lose against Darryl Sutter in the playoffs. Keep in mind that the Canucks had home ice advantage in both these series yet somehow coach Sutter manage to pull off an upset.

Darryl Sutter may not be a good general manager, but he is a good coach.

Yep, genious coaching. Have four guys stay back, clog up the neutral zone, and hope your goalie stands on his head.

I wonder how he ever came up with that strategy...

Sorry to people who think this is good coaching, or even good hockey, but I'd take a Philly-Pittsburgh series over this any day. This style of hockey is ruining the game.

Yep, genious coaching. Have four guys stay back, clog up the neutral zone, and hope your goalie stands on his head.

I wonder how he ever came up with that strategy...

Sorry to people who think this is good coaching, or even good hockey, but I'd take a Philly-Pittsburgh series over this any day. This style of hockey is ruining the game.

Archived