The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rfa Trade That Would Work Great For Both Parties (Nothing To Do With Parise Or Weber)

• 2 weeks later...

I would trade Raymond to St.Louis for Chris Stewart.

Stewart sat in the press box for a few ot there playoffs games. For whatever reason he's not working out there. He's a big body who can fight and score.

St.louis would gain some speed that St.louis could use. If we had to give a bit more I'd be fine with that but I think this would be a good start for the Canucks in the offseason. The only thing I worry about Stewart is his attitude and work ethic. Could be a good gamble. Gillis likes projects.

Stewart sat in the press box for a few ot there playoffs games. For whatever reason he's not working out there. He's a big body who can fight and score.

St.louis would gain some speed that St.louis could use. If we had to give a bit more I'd be fine with that but I think this would be a good start for the Canucks in the offseason. The only thing I worry about Stewart is his attitude and work ethic. Could be a good gamble. Gillis likes projects.

I would do this, St Louis?

Reclamation, sure, but boy what potential and exactly a body we need.

Also steal UFA Arnott July 1!

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Booth/Kess/Stewart

Higgins/Arnott/Hansen Arnott also plays for Kess to start the year.

Lappy/Manny/Kassian

And we have any of 5 (Arnott/Kess/Booth/Stewart/Kassian, possibly Bitz makes 6) big RW's to play with the Twins if the going gets rough or the size mis matches are taking their toll?

You did not watch St Louis twice all year I bet?

They were such a force because they rolled out EVERY line with speed and punishing physicality. Their undoing was not lackl of speed. It was a lack of top end offensive finish up front. Their top scorer had just 54 points! Geez, CDC writes off anyone on our 2nd line who cant get 60? Yes they had speed, fore checked many teams to death. Most teams they played, even with much better talent up front, had serious match up problems with St Louis (check our record against them the past couple of years!). They are a game breaker away from being a top cup contender (which is a big ask?), but their calling card is speed and size!

Your waaaaaay off the mark! :sadno::sick::picard:

In my opinion St.louis lacks team speed. They have too much size and not enough speed. Plus if the refs where calling the games the way they should, guys like raymond would be worth more. There is way too much clutching and grabing. That's why all the skilled teams are out. St.louis is a flash in the pants.

St.Louis had too many big guys and not enough speed in my opinion. You have to have moderation. Too much of anything is no good. We have too much speed and not enough grit. St.Louis has too much size and not enough speed in my opinion.

Archived