The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo not going anywhere

Lu wasn't the issue in the first two losses vs LA, and neither was Cory the issue for the last two. The team played like complete trash in the first two games, so they shook things up by starting Cory. It worked, a little, but it was too late. Showing confidence in Cory =/= showing distrust in Luongo.

Even though we don't know how well Schneider will handle the same work load that Lou did, its not like Lou handled it that well either !! He was a definite no show in October, got injured and Cory carried the mail, had a few mini meltdowns later in season and got yanked after 2 post season games. You sure you are talking about the same Lou ? He can dress for a lot of games, but not sure he can play well for that many !!

This pretty much sums everything up, hopefully the lou worshipers on here can finally understand this.

Iain MacIntyre@imacVanSun

Not that we didn't know, but... RT@PaulHaysom_Chek Luongo on CFOX: "It's been a great 6 years, but it's time to move on"

With that said would not surprise me if he sitll is here at the start of the season if a trade does not come, but its only a matter of time.

This pretty much sums everything up, hopefully the lou worshipers on here can finally understand this.

Iain MacIntyre@imacVanSun

Not that we didn't know, but... RT@PaulHaysom_Chek Luongo on CFOX: "It's been a great 6 years, but it's time to move on"

With that said would not surprise me if he sitll is here at the start of the season if a trade does not come, but its only a matter of time.

Loungo has to be traded. Anyone that thinks that having 9.3 million tied up in our goalies is dilusional. Loungo will not except being a back. Having these two goalies both here at the same time will be a cancer. As well for all you people that want a teams top prospect or best player NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Loungo contract takes him to a cap hit of 5.3 mill when hes 39. He's already regressing, we jsut need him to go away. 3rd line center 5/6 d men with a 2nd pick is all we need lets jsut get this done and move on! Just liek Loungo said ont he radio today.

Paul Haysom@PaulHaysom_Chek

Roberto Luongo was just on cfox where he said "it's been a great 6 years, but it's time to move on" #Luongo #Canucks

Expand

Playing 30 games is different than playing the 70+ that he would if we were depending on Lack to backup. The risk is seeing how he handles being the only guy through an 82 game schedule. There is a risk, and rolling with a tandem next season isn't as far fetched as some believe it to be.

I recall many (including users of CDC) claiming that Luongo will "for sure be going to Toronto by July 1st," additionally claiming to have "inside sources" in an attempt at bring respectability to their statements.

With July 1 coming and going, I thought I would post so that we may all embrace and rejoice in the fact that many have destroyed their credibility, and thusly, we may never again have to pay attention to their ficticious and attention seeking ways.

Furthermore, with all the UFA signing in the recent days it appears that the Luongo trade that so many have predicted will not in fact come to reality. With Garrison recently signing, the potential for a Luongo deal or salary dump to Florida has come and gone, leaving a depleted FA pool and weaker trading block.

So now as it appears that Luongo is here to stay a while longer (my guess until at least December, maybe longer), how do the rest of you feel about this potential, are you willing to still support him, or are we going to continue trying to run one of the best goaltenders in the world out of city? :bigblush:

PS The fact that this may be the 1000000000000000000000 Luongo thread has not escaped me! :shock:

LOL @ people who want a goalie tandem, im sure they both want to be the number one guy, and not even mentioning the absurdity of devoting 9.3 million to goaltending when we obviously have deficiencies in Top 6 and defence.

sigh..... CDC

Me too. I am surprised at his interview today but after thinking about it for a while I think I can speculate on what has happened with Lui.

He came here when the team needed a franchise goalie and he put that entire weight on his shoulders. He took on the role as Captain, in spite of the limitations he had being stuck in his crease.

Yeah,it is obvious what has happened as the decision was hurtful to AV and to Luo.

I love Gillis telling the media what AV did or did not say and I LOVE the fact Luo is now telling the media Gillis was full of it all along.

I am enjoying this-immensely.

Yeah,it is obvious what has happened as the decision was hurtful to AV and to Luo.

I love Gillis telling the media what AV did or did not say and I LOVE the fact Luo is now telling the media Gillis was full of it all along.

I am enjoying this-immensely.

Archived