The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Toronto and New Jersey Available)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Reinprecht spent last year in the AHL anyways, he is an AHL caliber player. Age doesnt classify an NHL player.

My team is mostly prospects, and most prospects arent rated to the NHL level, meaning even 4th liners can be stars in the NHL.

Then there is your "farm team"

Matt Gilroy, Stu Bickel, Jonas Gustavsson, Slava Voynov, Trent Hunter, Kyle Clifford, Ben Lovejoy, Adam McQuaid, Andrew Ebbett, Andrei Loktionov.

If you want to compare that to Reinprecht, then by all means go ahead, but all of those players I mentioned have played in the NHL last year. Reinprechts last NHL game was Dec 27, 2010.

Gustavsson isn't playing, I've gone with Lehner since the halfway point of the season. Clifford + McQuaid were just recalled with the Kings being eliminated. Voynov and Lokitonov's ELC's both end after this season.

With that being said, my teams consists of a few veteran players and mostly prospects.

Your arguments have no relevance. I have some older players, but so do you.

Its not age thats being questioned, its that the guys are nhl players on your farm club

Gilroy-67 NHL games played in 11-12

Bickel-51

Voynov-54

Gustavson-42

Hunter-38 (32 years old)

Lovejoy-34 (missed significant time with a knee injury)

Loktionov-39

Left out Clifford and Mcquaid as its common practice to send down guys in that playoff situation and Ebbett since he's a marginal NHL player

Its not age thats being questioned, its that the guys are nhl players on your farm club

Bickel-51

Voynov-54

Gustavson-42

Hunter-38 (32 years old)

Loktionov-39

Left out Clifford and Mcquaid as its common practice to send down guys in that playoff situation and Ebbett since he's a marginal NHL player

Not sure on their contract statuses, but guys who aren't waiver eligible can be sent down to play. It happened to PK subban IRL a year or 2 ago as well as many others (for some reason I can remember seeing the tsn article of him, but not the stuff in my calculus class)

Bickel-51

Voynov-54

Gustavson-42

Hunter-38 (32 years old)

Loktionov-39

Well then I guess SOB won't make the same mistake next season then will he. His strategy of loading up on prospects got his team sent packing.

For those who are not including NHL experience in their farm rosters, I question their mindset in building a winning franchise. Check every team in the AHL, nearly all of them have multiple players with NHL experience.

Well then I guess SOB won't make the same mistake next season then will he. His strategy of loading up on prospects got his team sent packing.

For those who are not including NHL experience in their farm rosters, I question their mindset in building a winning franchise. Check every team in the AHL, nearly all of them have multiple players with NHL experience.

Archived