The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal]Van - Min

This is barring a few things:

1. Doan signing with Phoenix (as expected)

2. Minnesota being in a bad cap space position

3. Roberto's contract being off of the books.

4. Ballard plays well with Garrison

To Van:

Setoguchi

Stoner

Brodziak

To Minn:

Edler

5th

Minnesota does this because:

1. They have a very sub-par defense beyond Suter and Gilbert so adding a up and coming elite defense man is NEVER a bad option when in their situation.

2. Free up a few million dollars of cap space

Vancouver does this because:

1. Setoguchi may be a maligned player the last two seasons but is still young (25) and has a lot of promise going forward. He is also a .5ppg player in the playoffs and is only a few years removed from a 60+ point season. Could possibly play with Kes or the Twins.

2. Brodziak is a big bodied 3rd line center with offensive upside (22,22,44pts last season) and could replace kesler for the time being.

3. Stoner is a local boy who was one of the few players on the Wild team that had a positive +/-, in a limited role (3rd pairing with Tanev) could excel as a secondary shutdown pairing guy.

Just my opinions, think for yourselves.

Why the F*ck do you people want to trade Edler? The return will not be as good I can assure you. I want him to be a career Canuck, he's a quiet Swede who puts up points and is not the least bit controversial. He has a huge slap slot, plays physical and a team guy.

Am I the only one who remembers his end to end goal? Tell me how many times you've seen that from a Canuck defender?

Edler fan for life.

Why the F*ck do you people want to trade Edler? The return will not be as good I can assure you. I want him to be a career Canuck, he's a quiet Swede who puts up points and is not the least bit controversial. He has a huge slap slot, plays physical and a team guy.

Am I the only one who remembers his end to end goal? Tell me how many times you've seen that from a Canuck defender?

Edler fan for life.

Edler fan for life.

Archived