The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

One more week until EDC Vegas!! I'm pumped..

Question, anyone know what I can use to tie a Canadian flag around my neck and wear it like a cape? I was thinking a rope would do it. Any suggestions?

When I did that I just cut off like 8 inches off of a shoelace, worked like a charm.

Depends how big the flag is and whether or not it has pre-made holes in it.

Edited by Jägermeister

Just one more day until EDC!!! The Canada flag I bought from Superstore yesterday is way too big and I feel like people are gonna step on it so I'm gonna head back later on when I wake up and buy the smaller one..

Your in Vegas?

Based on the sets I saw at EDC, I think the best hands down has to go to Dada Life and Tiesto for me. If I were to rank them it'd be in this order.

1a) Dada Life

1b) Tiesto

2) Axwell /\ Ingrosso

3) Bingo Players

Sucks I missed out on Gareth Emery as I heard he threw a sick set.. My friends took way too long to get ready so I ended up missing out on him. And I couldn't stay for W&W cuz I had an early flight to catch but damn it was a great weekend. Deorro and Mat Zo had pretty dope sets too and Blasterjaxx threw a sick set too.

wow edc was soo different 2nd time around. So many friggin vancouverite asians (me being of them) that were down there compared to EDC 2013, with that being said it just reminded me of a vacouver-esque rave scene here and there. with that being said it was a sick party!

The fireworks were definitely next level and i got to see some of my favourite artists, especially Axwell ^ Ingrosso, Alesso and W&W were my two favourite sets, I had waited 3 years to see w&W and that was by far my 3 favourites of the weekend, tiesto threw a hard and different set, opening with Adiago for Strings *.* Hardwell had a horrible set imo, let me down.

I also saw Nicky Romero at Light for their year anniversary, and well I can finally say I had my 15 seconds of fame.. I made the front cover of his instagram!! (asian guy in the black dress shirt), just thought id share that... I also had a Dutch flag pic on my phone and was just holding it up for a bit and he pointed at me! Nicky threw one of the best club sets though for me, hes one of the top 5 for me for sure.

post-31559-0-55503000-1404114605_thumb.j

Edited by Gabes24

Yeah, while I bumped into a lot of people from Vancouver, most of the other Canadians I met were mostly from Alberta and a couple of Montreal/Toronto people. A lot of people from Toronto kept asking me if I heard of TRC (Toronto Rave Community) and they kept boasting how they have over 20,000 members in the Facebook group and in my head, I kept thinking, do you really think that I would really care about TRC considering I live in Vancouver? Good for you for having a large community but I honestly don't give a crap about TRC.

Tiesto didn't start off with Adiago for Strings, it was more like halfway through he started going back to old Tiesto playing tracks from Kaleidoscope. I agree with you on Hardwell having a very disappointing set. Loved the bit of hip hop he threw in early on but his first half of his set sucked. The second half was a lot better.

I skipped Alesso because when he came to Vancouver in November last year, the set he played made me not want to see him ever again.

Who else did you see? I definitely hung around bassCON more than I should've.

JUST came across this today and lol'd

lol that is a disaster. Nice effort but the beats don't match up hahaha

LOL this youtube comment..

Jake Dima2 months ago

Quite possibly the most mainstream mix you could of thought 

Reply ·

Jake Dima2 months ago

and you sh*t the bed making it 

Edited by Apple Juice

Tiesto didn't start off with Adiago for Strings, it was more like halfway through he started going back to old Tiesto playing tracks from Kaleidoscope. I agree with you on Hardwell having a very disappointing set. Loved the bit of hip hop he threw in early on but his first half of his set sucked. The second half was a lot better.

I skipped Alesso because when he came to Vancouver in November last year, the set he played made me not want to see him ever again.

Who else did you see? I definitely hung around bassCON more than I should've.

O whoops! I heard someone saying that adiago started, for some reason that convinced me even though i didnt feel like he did start with it (was messed). Aw man, Alesso is a really good dj, i ask you to give him another chance, Years & City of Dreams alone should convert you. loved his set.

Umm out of the usual norm I saw Madeon, Orjan Nilsen, DVBBS (sunday closer, not bad.. missed dash 2nd year in a row lol), Dada Life (threw a sick set but was too packed), Steve Angello was dece, Kaskade and Calvin Harris both killed it too.

I missed R3hab, Deorro, Mat Zo, Quintino, Diplo, Flume which im pretty choked at... but you can never fit in everything! Full set or bust is my mentality. what other names didja see

O whoops! I heard someone saying that adiago started, for some reason that convinced me even though i didnt feel like he did start with it (was messed). Aw man, Alesso is a really good dj, i ask you to give him another chance, Years & City of Dreams alone should convert you. loved his set.

Umm out of the usual norm I saw Madeon, Orjan Nilsen, DVBBS (sunday closer, not bad.. missed dash 2nd year in a row lol), Dada Life (threw a sick set but was too packed), Steve Angello was dece, Kaskade and Calvin Harris both killed it too.

I missed R3hab, Deorro, Mat Zo, Quintino, Diplo, Flume which im pretty choked at... but you can never fit in everything! Full set or bust is my mentality. what other names didja see

Yeah you must've been hammered cuz Adagio came on in the middle of his set when he went back to old school Tiesto..

Don't get me wrong, I like Alesso a lot. One of my favourite DJs as the tracks he makes are killer but when he came last year, it was boring and wasn't fun. I skipped him because I much rather see Bingo Players and Dada Life, both had epic sets.

Of the people I saw live, I saw Hardwell, Armin van Buuren, Dyro & Dannic, D-Block & S-te-fan, Tiesto, Bingo Players, Dada Life, Headhunterz, Deorro, Blasterjaxx, Mat Zo, Above & Beyond, Axwell /\ Ingrosso..

I really wanted to catch Carnage, MOTi, 3lau, Bassjackers, Diplo, DJ Snake, Krewella, Kaskade, Knife Party, Benny Benassi, Andrew Rayel, W&W, Dash, Tommy Trash, and R3hab...

Sucks that most of them clashed with other artists I preferred but whatever... Had to skip W&W and Dash because I had to leave right after Axwell Ingrosso to catch my 8:30 flight but W&W threw a sick set.