The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Human head found in box in Edmonton Alley

Jester@wraiths.ca

I'm going to get flak for this, but I am being brutally honest, so I'll understand.

Clearly, this was a heinous crime, as all murders are. This man probably did not deserve to die. I pray for him and his family.

On the other hand, this man is someone I did not know. To sit here and type out grievances just does not seem right. If I didn't know him, I should leave it at a RIP, and a prayer.

As for the "making light" of someone being murdered, they're jokes. Nothing more, nothing less. There have been jokes on a far more distasteful scale, whatever anyone has said thus far is peanuts in comparison.

We can't dwell on sadness, or else humanity is in big trouble. :)

jokes about a person's death are in pretty poor taste (time changes things of course, but when a death is recent, it's very low brow).

But it's a very good illustration of the state of our society.

Didn't happen to me so I don't care, lets make fun of it.

Sadly most people won't see the problem with that sort of mentality until they have some tragedy happen to someone they love, and then they see how callous and uncaring people are...

Guest Gumballthechewy

I wonder if you'd still be joking if the head in the box was placed in front of your house. You'd probably crap your pants.

Archived