The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League Remake: PS3 NHL 13 GMConnect.

PlayingBurke

As somebody new joining the league would you want to join a perry-less or getzlaf-less Anaheim duck team? Why deplete a teams franchise because of one who is inactive? Instead why not kick him and sign his players so the team would be appealing for the next person instead of the franchise being totally ruined...

:picard:

Why do you guys do this every year?

First, EVERY player is available in the free agency. Sorry, there was a lot of time given in between sims, and if you couldn't resign your players than that is that persons fault. It has nothing to do with screwing over a franchise, they can always attempt to resign them in the FA.

HOWEVER, I am now appending a rule because you all are a bunch of exploitative f*cks.

Starting the second advancement of this year and all years following you cannot offer a player no more than 3 million his asking price.

Example:

Corey Perry says wants a 4 year deal worth 8 million. Of course you can do whatever years you want. Usually, however, his price will go up per year. But let's just say 4 years is your ideal. So he wants 8 mill. You can offer him anything up to 11.

No more of this 1 year at 14 mill. It's foolish and only happens ONCE in a while in real hockey. Not for every player.

I'll be doing the first sim here shortly.

:picard:

Why do you guys do this every year?

First, EVERY player is available in the free agency. Sorry, there was a lot of time given in between sims, and if you couldn't resign your players than that is that persons fault. It has nothing to do with screwing over a franchise, they can always attempt to resign them in the FA.

HOWEVER, I am now appending a rule because you all are a bunch of exploitative f*cks.

Starting the second advancement of this year and all years following you cannot offer a player no more than 3 million his asking price.

Example:

Corey Perry says wants a 4 year deal worth 8 million. Of course you can do whatever years you want. Usually, however, his price will go up per year. But let's just say 4 years is your ideal. So he wants 8 mill. You can offer him anything up to 11.

No more of this 1 year at 14 mill. It's foolish and only happens ONCE in a while in real hockey. Not for every player.

I'll be doing the first sim here shortly.

Well, I will sim the first advancement now. Considering I think everyone had time to make some offers, cheap and all lol.

I see a lot of offers. So what I will do is I will sim now. Then I will wait till the after noon (later afternoon) to let some more people mke their second wave of signing/trades, then I will just sim to the season, cool? Giving everyone two shots at the FA seems good.

Archived