The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack of swordsmen leads Saudi Arabia to consider dropping public beheadings

Aladeen

Well that's far out...I bet that experience was something you'll never forget...fencing is a sport that so many overlook...yet it's been a sport officially for longer than any of the popular spectator sports in the world, and has been referenced in countless literary works that I remember fondly from English and Literature classes. It is indeed good to know there are institutions dedicated to keeping old classic pastimes such as fencing alive.

^^^^^ See Aladeen... that's how it's done.

Here in Vancouver there are sport fencing schools as well. I tried one of those once but the weapons feel like toys in your hands in comparison.

This school focuses on the art before it became a sport, and are dedicated to teaching the from the works of the Classical masters of the 16th and 17th century. They teach it for deadly skill. This why Aladeen's appraisal that it is a LARPer school is ridiculous.

Pssh, the cultural heart of the Middle East can't find enough people qualified to chop off a head? I mean really!

Next up we'll hear that they have a shortage of jihadis and wifebeaters or something?

Just over a week ago in Papua New Guinea a young woman was dragged by villagers to a stake, doused in gasoline and burned alive amongst a pile of burning tires for the accusation of witchcraft.

Believe me, look into any of these things and it is being done.

Archived