The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boxer Curtis Woodhouse hunts down Twitter troll to confront him at his home

pimpcurtly

Business man with a degree and a keyboard... :rolleyes: Watch out... Well seeing he was an instructor at the RCMP on take downs, joint manipulations, pain compliance holds and techniques etc, I assure you, its no gimmick. Its stuff they need to know to make arrests and control people. Also yes, they do need karate skills for self-defense such as blocking, parrying, counter attacking, evading attacks with weapons, how to stand so you're always ready to block or attack, where to shift your weight, where to position yourself when dealing with multiple threats, have you ever even taken a martial arts class? This stuff is obviously used in real world scenarios, its not made up for fun. Also the belt system is a tradition in almost all dojos to show ranks, most proper dojo's only charge the cost of the belt and make no profit from them. As for the 'fake medals' I guess you could say the Stanley Cup is a fake medal because its just made up by humans right? Why even pay to play or watch hockey, its all made up with no real point other then putting a little black disc from point a to point b right? Not to mention you get all beat up and injured. One could say hockey has way less use then martial arts, at least with martial arts you can walk around with confidence knowing you can protect yourself and your woman from real world threats as opposed to the 'fake made up violence' in hockey.

If you don't understand how martial arts can benefit ANYONE in some form, then you're wasting you're breath. If not for the focus and discipline alone, which definitely can be applied in an RCMP role.

You're trying to sell us something here, but I ain't buying it.

Now, back on topic. My two cents on that...I have mixed feelings about the story. The vigilante aspect has me concerned and there are likely ways to handle this without the showboating and taking pictures of someone's street, etc. Especially with supporters on board, who may take things one step too far in that. The bullying aspect says "yes - teach this idiot a lesson" and there's a strong message of standing up for yourself. This guy obviously needed to learn that his mouth might have to back it up, so I'm swaying to the "yes" side.

If you don't understand how martial arts can benefit ANYONE in some form, then you're wasting you're breath. If not for the focus and discipline alone, which definitely can be applied in an RCMP role.

You're trying to sell us something here, but I ain't buying it.

Now, back on topic. My two cents on that...I have mixed feelings about the story. The vigilante aspect has me concerned and there are likely ways to handle this without the showboating and taking pictures of someone's street, etc. Especially with supporters on board, who may take things one step too far in that. The bullying aspect says "yes - teach this idiot a lesson" and there's a strong message of standing up for yourself. This guy obviously needed to learn that his mouth might have to back it up, so I'm swaying to the "yes" side.

Archived