The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Change in Mentality?

kassian 09

heidi ho neighborinos,

I've noticed something interesting and am wondering if it's just me. After our amazing loss to the Wild, that led them to take first place in the NW division, it seams that the mentality of our team is starting to change.

We are putting up 60 min work efforts with our current minimal fire power. With the amount of injuries we have, it seams that the team is really leaning on each others shoulders and supporting each other. AV is willing to throw the rookies out more often, and the entire team isn't relying solely on the Sedins or the goalie. Even our D is starting to step up, and Wise and our 4th line have been great!!

This could lead to success when Kesler, Kass and Pinni come back. IMO 80% of the game is mental, only 20% is physical, with our current mental cohesiveness, this could translate for a great future.

What do you guys/girls think? Are we changing face and becoming a team that is starting to act like a team? Or are we still that team that has been putting up 20-40 min work efforts like we have been ever since after last years Boston game?

heidi ho neighborinos,

I've noticed something interesting and am wondering if it's just me. After our amazing loss to the Wild, that led them to take first place in the NW division, it seams that the mentality of our team is starting to change.

We are putting up 60 min work efforts with our current minimal fire power. With the amount of injuries we have, it seams that the team is really leaning on each others shoulders and supporting each other. AV is willing to throw the rookies out more often, and the entire team isn't relying solely on the Sedins or the goalie. Even our D is starting to step up, and Wise and our 4th line have been great!!

This could lead to success when Kesler, Kass and Pinni come back. IMO 80% of the game is mental, only 20% is physical, with our current mental cohesiveness, this could translate for a great future.

What do you guys/girls think? Are we changing face and becoming a team that is starting to act like a team? Or are we still that team that has been putting up 20-40 min work efforts like we have been ever since after last years Boston game?

Archived