The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver & SJ

To Vancouver: Ryane Clowe, Jason Demers, Michal Handzus

To San Jose: Mason Raymond, 2nd round pick 2014, Andrew Alberts, 5th round pick 2013

Lots of rumours that SJ is to unload Clowe, however they are still in the playoff hunt, so it makes sense for them to want a roster player back. Raymond for Clowe = UFA for UFA.

Jason Demers has been scratched last game and now likely tonight against the Canucks for an "undisclosed" injury. The Canucks need a depth right-handed defenseman. Demers has struggled this season with just 1 point/15 games, but put up 13 in 51 last year and 24 in 75 the year before. He has been to the CFs twice already in his young career, so he has playoff experience. Incl. 8 points in 30 games.

Handzus, although I'm not a fan of acquiring him, makes sense because he can take Manny's faceoffs. He's a big body that is more suited for the bottom six than Andrew Ebbett.

SJ takes Alberts because they lost a big LH defenseman in Murray so they could use one for a playoff run if they get in.

It should be noted that Demers & Handzus were scratched last game and there's rumours surrounding Clowe that he'll be moved today or tomorrow.

It should also be noted that the SJ Sharks and the Canucks have a working relationship earlier from the year when the Canucks assigned Joslin to Worcester and the Sharks assigned Groulx to Chicago.

It should also be noted that GMMG was at the last Sharks game.

It should also be noted that Jensen and Sweatt were recalled for tonight's game to replace a day-to-day injured Kassian, potentially to replace a traded player..

Sedin - Sedin - Clowe

Burrows - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Jensen

Pinnizzotto - Handzus - Sestito

With a playoff line up of:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Clowe - Kesler - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

Pinnizzotto* - Handzus - Weise

Schroeder, Jensen, Sestito, Ebbett, Gordon

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Demers

Ballard, Barker, Vandermeer

Schneids

Luongo

Cannata

*Although I could also see one more bottom-6 player added after this trade (Torres??).

I feel so hipster because I wanna say that I've made a proposal like this before you... but w/e

I wouldnt trade Raymond right now, and even though Clowe is one of my favorite players, MayRay has been playing great and has been a part of one of our better line combinations this year.

I feel so hipster because I wanna say that I've made a proposal like this before you... but w/e

I wouldnt trade Raymond right now, and even though Clowe is one of my favorite players, MayRay has been playing great and has been a part of one of our better line combinations this year.

How did the hipster burn his tongue? He drank his coffee before it was cool.

But the rumour is that SJ is asking for a 1st and a top prospect for Clowe. Assuming Raymond and a 2nd was close enough to that (which it's not), adding Alberts and a 5th wouldn't get you Demers and Handzus on top of it.

Here's an idea of value, it's rumoured San Jose was asking for Couturier straight up for Clowe.

How did the hipster burn his tongue? He drank his coffee before it was cool.

But the rumour is that SJ is asking for a 1st and a top prospect for Clowe. Assuming Raymond and a 2nd was close enough to that (which it's not), adding Alberts and a 5th wouldn't get you Demers and Handzus on top of it.

Here's an idea of value, it's rumoured San Jose was asking for Couturier straight up for Clowe.

Archived