The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Chicago Wolves @ Oklahoma City Barons - 4/7/13, 2:00PM PST

NuxFan09

Game over. Final score: 5-2 Barons.

Shots: 47-28 Barons

Powerplays: Chicago (1/3), Oklahoma City (1/4)

1st period scoring:

No scoring.

2nd period scoring:

CHI Sterling 22 (Groulx, Schroeder)(PP) 3:16

CHI Gordon 18 (Sterling, Haydar) 4:22

OKC Hartikainen 14 (Arcobello, Fedun) 9:27

3rd period scoring:

OKC Martindale 6 (Pitlick, Hotham) 9:26

OKC Rajala 12 (Hartikainen, Stafford) 10:19

OKC Rajala 13 (Arcobello, Hartikainen)(PP) 14:50

OKC Cornet 13 (Arcobello, Cheechoo)(EN) 19:37

Three Stars: (1) OKC Teemu Hartikainen, (2) OKC Toni Rajala, (3) OKC Mark Arcobello

NEXT GAME: @ Grand Rapids Griffins (Detroit Red Wings affiliate) - Wednesday April 10, 2013 - 4:00PM PST

Sure they want to win, but I mean, so did the Moose. I don't think anyone ever complained about them then when Arniel was there.

If we replaced him with a better coach we'd probably see better results and more prospects at the same time. I feel the Wolves' signings only highlighted a problem that was already there to begin with - the lack of centers on the farm. Don't forget, Desbiens was signed by the Nucks because Arniel requested it too. Even Vandermeer is Nucks property.

But I don't think it's realistic to expect an AHL team to be filled completely with young guys. You need the Sterlings and Mathesons to provide leadership and experience. The only problem is the other guys that the coach keeps playing - Longpre, Groulx, Kattelus etc.

The biggest problem really is the misuse of players this year, much like what we've seen on the Canucks. When Haydar keeps turning the puck over at the point for shorthanded breakaways and still gets put out thee in that same position time and time again, that's entirely on the coach and not someone like Young.

Archived