The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Signings

The Anaheim Ducks have signed Peter Holland to a 3 year, $2,100,000 per year contract

The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed Trent Hunter to a 1 year, $550,000 contract

The Buffalo Sabres have signed Greg Chase to a 3 year, $650,000 per year contract

The Buffalo Sabres have signed Nikita Lyamkin to a 3 year, $900,000 per year contract

Signings

The Buffalo Sabres have signed Greg Chase to a 3 year, $650,000 per year contract

The Buffalo Sabres have signed Nikita Lyamkin to a 3 year, $900,000 per year contract

very glad to bring in Greg and Nikita, as well as Jon Gillies. Chase is a 2way forward that has intriguing potential, while Lyamkin, who was named on the tourney MVP team along with Canada's own Connor McDavid in the most recent U-17 championship, has the potential to be a top pick in the 2014 draft. We now also have Gillies and Hellebyuk who were both standout rookies in the Hockey East last year.

while Lyamkin, who was named on the tourney MVP team along with Canada's own Connor McDavid in the most recent U-17 championship, has the potential to be a top pick in the 2014 draft.

Lyamkin went undrafted in our 2014 draft, so he should return to the draft for 2015, correct?

Lyamkin went undrafted in our 2014 draft, so he should return to the draft for 2015, correct?

I may be getting this confused with another league, but IIRC if a player isn't drafted, you can just sign him as a free agent since their is only 5 rounds.

Can't remember if that was this league or RGMG.

I may be getting this confused with another league, but IIRC if a player isn't drafted, you can just sign him as a free agent since their is only 5 rounds.

Can't remember if that was this league or RGMG.

Well our draft is going to be full of ehm players as is with 2015 being so far away IRL for scouting, it doesn't need more players taken out of the pool.

Well our draft is going to be full of ehm players as is with 2015 being so far away IRL for scouting, it doesn't need more players taken out of the pool.

Fair enough. I'm pretty sure that i'm thinking of the RGMG entry level draft anyways.

I'll try to have a preliminary draft list out mid-late. Donno when that'll be with summer break on though.

the rule is you can sign anyone that has been passed over in a draft

not sure why it'd be any different for here

They have to be un-draftable first. Can't sign 19/20 year-olds since they would still be eligible.

evan mceneny with van last year?

He was a NA with a camp tryout offer that turned into a contract.

Euro's are different, PHIL tried to signed Thomas Hyka IRL the same way but since he came from a Euro club they couldn't.

Also, the precedent has been set by Roberts Lipsbergs and Emil Lundberg being over age euros drafted in our league

He was a NA with a camp tryout offer that turned into a contract.

Euro's are different, PHIL tried to signed Thomas Hyka IRL the same way but since he came from a Euro club they couldn't.

Also, the precedent has been set by Roberts Lipsbergs and Emil Lundberg being over age euros drafted in our league

Lyamkin isn't in the professional leagues

but he's an euro so you might be right, but for all we know he can be drafted into the CHL this year

But he's playing for a european club and thats the issue

Its also a concern specifically for this league if a hard to scout draft loses players that would be eligible

he's also been passed over once so it's not like he wasn't available before

one player will not make/break a draft that will have way more EHM players regardless

he's also been passed over once so it's not like he wasn't available before

one player will not make/break a draft that will have way more EHM players regardless

Lundberg and Lispsbergs were also passed over but had to be drafted.

One player no, but its the principle that could ruin the draft

Lundberg and Lispsbergs were also passed over but had to be drafted.

One player no, but its the principle that could ruin the draft

Lispsbergs played in the CHL in his draft year

and we won't know about Lyamkin until it's actually 2014 since he might get drafted in the import draft this year

meh whatever, i don't see the harm in signing a passed over draftee in a fricking sim league.....

meaning if we can do it for the North Americans, what difference does it make for Euros when they both have to play for the AHL anyways in this sim league....

Lispsbergs played in the CHL in his draft year

and we won't know about Lyamkin until it's actually 2014

meh whatever, i don't see the harm in signing a passed over draftee in a fricking sim league.....

VC has a rule based on age

I believe the Lyamkin contract will be voided

If the *VC* does have a rule based on age Sven, you really have no ground to argue on because there's no reason for an exception to be made for you.

Archived