The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So my mom was told by her friends who work with Amway to come to a meeting and join

I did some research online and I'm getting mixed answers.

Some people say that you don't really make money as you end up buying most of the products also that you're pressured into buying their products. Also that it is hard to sell their products as they are over priced and expensive.

Others say that it works

Does anyone have experience with Amway? Is it worth being a part of?

Amway is definitely multi-level marketing, but is not a pyramid scheme.

The main difference between the two is that MLMs have to transfer something of value for money, whereas pyramid schemes do not.

With Amway, you buy some physical product. With a pyramid scheme you pay money to someone for nothing on the promise that someone else will pay you money for nothing.

You don't make money from selling products. You make money by recruiting people that sell products under you. In other works, you get a cut (%) of what they sell. The people you recruit then go out to recruit other people. You get a cut of what your recruit's recruits earn.

So the higher up the chain you are, the more money you earn.

Of course, you have to sell products yourself. You are supposed to sell to your friends and relatives. It helps if you have a lots of friends and relatives. But do you really want to bug your friends and relatives every few weeks to ask them to buy stuff from you? They will quickly become annoyed with you. A good way to loose friends.

And, yes the products are expensive. People can buy things cheaper by shopping around.

Archived