The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Name That Canuck!

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Having trouble posting a very old pic, taken at a PoCo car dealership.

This Canuck player and his team were bag-skated during practice after a very bad loss, on a stormy & miserable day, mid-season in VAN. The coach had run up them one-side & down the other with chastisements. The player had been scheduled to visit a PoCo car dealership & due to that & stuff...he was running late. He phoned to ask if anyone was even there. Had anyone called to enquire about the event at all. He was hoping he might be able to cancel or re-schedule, as he was feeling lower than low,...& like a piece of crap. The owner of the dealership said, yah...there are these 2 very young Canucks-fans here waiting to see you, wearing home & away jersies & hats. The player sighed & said, "Apologize to 'em for me being late,...I'll get there'."

When he arrived, 2 little blond-haired cherubs with smiling faces were waiting there to greet him. One of them just recovered from the chicken pox he got on Christmas morning. They were both excited to show this player that they were wearing every piece of the Canucks' gear they received for Christmas. The rest of the dealership... sorry to say... was a ghost town. Like I said... it was a wet & stormy day. Dutifully the player signed autographs & he signed their brand-new jersies, and then told them a bit about his day, after being asked where he had been or why he was late. The very young grade-schoolers were sorry to hear that the coach was mad at his team. They told the player they knew he was going to play better next time & make the coach happy again. The kids & their dad ...said that they always cheer for him. He was one of their favorite players. The player teared-up. He said to the Dad & the car dealer that this day had gone from being one of his worst days.....to one of the best! He was so glad he had come out there & that he got to meet these 2 very cool little fans. When things get tough he would remember them. Thinking of his littlest fans would always make him smile & feel better. They looked-up to him & that felt great!

If I figure-out how to post the pic, I will...meanwhile...can anyone guess who this player is? He was traded away after the Cup run of '94.

Name THAT Canuck!

Edited by viking mama

This Canuck player and his team were bag-skated during practice after a very bad loss, on a stormy & miserable day, mid-season in VAN. The coach had run up them one-side & down the other with chastisements. The player had been scheduled to visit a PoCo car dealership & due to that & stuff...he was running late. He phoned to ask if anyone was even there. Had anyone called to enquire about the event at all. He was hoping he might be able to cancel or re-schedule, as he was feeling lower than low,...& like a piece of crap. The owner of the dealership said, yah...there are these 2 very young Canucks-fans here waiting to see you, wearing home & away jersies & hats. The player sighed & said, "Apologize to 'em for me being late,...I'll get there'."

When he arrived, 2 little blond-haired cherubs with smiling faces were waiting there to greet him. One of them just recovered from the chick pox he got on Christmas morning. They were both excited to show this player that they were wearing every piece of the Canucks' gear they received for Christmas. The rest of the dealership... sorry to say... was a ghost town. Like I said... it was a wet & stormy day. Dutifully the player signed autographs & he signed their brand-new jersies, and then told them a bit about his day, after being asked where he had been or why he was late. The very young grade-schoolers were sorry to hear that the coach was mad at his team. They told the player they knew he was going to play better next time & make the coach happy again. The kids & their dad ...said that they always cheer for him. He was one of their favorite players. The player teared-up. He said to the Dad & the car dealer that this day had gone from being one of his worst days.....to one of the best! He was so glad he had come out there & that he got to meet these 2 very cool little fans. When things get tough he would remember them. Thinking of his littlest fans would always make him smile & feel better. They looked-up to him & that felt great!

If I figure-out how to post the pic, I will...meanwhile...can anyone guess who this player is? He was traded away after the Cup run of '94.

Name THAT Canuck!

Greg Adams?

When he arrived, 2 little blond-haired cherubs with smiling faces were waiting there to greet him. One of them just recovered from the chick pox he got on Christmas morning. They were both excited to show this player that they were wearing every piece of the Canucks' gear they received for Christmas. The rest of the dealership... sorry to say... was a ghost town. Like I said... it was a wet & stormy day. Dutifully the player signed autographs & he signed their brand-new jersies, and then told them a bit about his day, after being asked where he had been or why he was late. The very young grade-schoolers were sorry to hear that the coach was mad at his team. They told the player they knew he was going to play better next time & make the coach happy again. The kids & their dad ...said that they always cheer for him. He was one of their favorite players. The player teared-up. He said to the Dad & the car dealer that this day had gone from being one of his worst days.....to one of the best! He was so glad he had come out there & that he got to meet these 2 very cool little fans. When things get tough he would remember them. Thinking of his littlest fans would always make him smile & feel better. They looked-up to him & that felt great!

Name THAT Canuck!

You can upload it to imgur.com and post the link.

Greg Adams?

Yes!!!! It's Greg (Gus) Adams,...as the team also had another Greg Adams who played for them briefly, too.

Name THAT Canuck!

This is a great memory of one of my favorite Canucks. It's not always easy to do what they do....but as this post relates... there are plenty of times when they do it - for us!

Edited by viking mama

Yes!!!! It's Greg (Gus) Adams,...as the team also had another Greg Adams who played for them briefly, too.

This is a great memory of one of my favorite Canucks. It's not always easy to do what they do....but as this post relates... there are plenty of times when they do it - for us!

Trevor Linden is great with kids too. He is all about the young fans. Very classy guy.