The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

You betcha! haha.

Fun fact, my defense average age is 26.75 without Souray, and 28.5 with SOuray. In fact, taking Souray and Salo out of the equation the average age of my defender drops to 25 from 28.5. Its going to be a fun year!

sounds like a bright future

well my defence average age is a little bit older...will check this out

but i have some good youngsters there ..gryba and prout allready made their teams and i hope they can move up again this year

borowiecki, gelinas are top call ups

konan and also jarvinen( finish national team , olympic orientation camp) could get some shots in the nhl

abeltshauser needs some pro experience and with brady skjei we have a first round pick

We would like to release Brett Sonne, as he has signed in Austria on July 30th

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12527

We are disappointed things didn't work out for him during his time in Tampa. We followed him closely since he was a Hitmen, and saw promise in his game. We wish him all the best in continuing his hockey career.

As per the Buffalo News:

Buffalo Sabres GM Lethunder was seen leaving the office with tears in his eyes. Sources close to the organization say Lethunder has made the difficult decision to move a long time Sabre in a mega deal to give the team more room to move under the cap.

sounds like a bright future

well my defence average age is a little bit older...will check this out

but i have some good youngsters there ..gryba and prout allready made their teams and i hope they can move up again this year

borowiecki, gelinas are top call ups

konan and also jarvinen( finish national team , olympic orientation camp) could get some shots in the nhl

abeltshauser needs some pro experience and with brady skjei we have a first round pick

Joonas had a decent first North American year, a good adjustment cycle, and even if he does not crack the linup, I bet he will get some callup time, specially if he continues to prove he can play in North America, let alone a good Olympic showing.

Just as a thought, since it is slow, I am thinking Souray's recovery time on the IR could be a blessing in disguise for me. I was struggling with being just a hair over cap with a full 23 man roster and this solves that issue perfectly without any trades needing to happen. It gives me the freedom to ice the exact roster i want to ice, and still have Sheldon come in at the half way mark and push us over the top. ;) Came very close to selling a great trio of futures for some good 3rd/4th liners in a deal where i was going to lose long term for short term cap compliance. I am so glad that was avoided. Not negotiating through the media here, if you recognize this concept from PM's....those discussions are over, but musing out loud is all. I sort of got lucky at the right time, in being unlucky enough to lose Sheldon Souray for a few months.

Just as a thought, since it is slow, I am thinking Souray's recovery time on the IR could be a blessing in disguise for me. I was struggling with being just a hair over cap with a full 23 man roster and this solves that issue perfectly without any trades needing to happen. It gives me the freedom to ice the exact roster i want to ice, and still have Sheldon come in at the half way mark and push us over the top. ;) Came very close to selling a great trio of futures for some good 3rd/4th liners in a deal where i was going to lose long term for short term cap compliance. I am so glad that was avoided. Not negotiating through the media here, if you recognize this concept from PM's....those discussions are over, but musing out loud is all. I sort of got lucky at the right time, in being unlucky enough to lose Sheldon Souray for a few months.

That Scenario worked well for the Canucks a couple of seasons ago with Sami Salo.

Just keep in mind, and I'll make a longer post when I get back from my vacation (sweet, sweet vacation), that LTIR is not active until the first day of the season.

This means often placing non-waiver eligible players in the minors until Day 2 while you wait for a player to be designated.

Archived