The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Hey guys,

I apologize for being lackadaisical/absent regarding the LTiR updates.

My work schedule has been crazy lately and I do my best to stay up to date. Also, I've met this French girl. I'll be back to my old self quickly.

However, It is going to be important to note that I will be away for most of January in Costa Rica where I am not certain of my internet access. I may need to have a coverage unless you all are willing to allow me a few days grace. I'll let the commish chime in on this one.

If the league is unhappy with my handing of the process I will seek a replacement for next season.

You do an outstanding job, and I have no reason to feel you will not continue to do so. Thank you for what you put into our game!

Hey guys,

I apologize for being lackadaisical/absent regarding the LTiR updates.

My work schedule has been crazy lately and I do my best to stay up to date. Also, I've met this French girl. I'll be back to my old self quickly.

However, It is going to be important to note that I will be away for most of January in Costa Rica where I am not certain of my internet access. I may need to have a coverage unless you all are willing to allow me a few days grace. I'll let the commish chime in on this one.

If the league is unhappy with my handing of the process I will seek a replacement for next season.

You do a fantastic job with the IR updates, and we're lucky to have someone like yourself in this game. The league is thrilled to have you on board and as long as you're willing to work the IR updates we are happy to have you do it.

I do think you've earned a break though. Nobody wants to go on vacation to Costa Rica and have to worry about finding internet access to post some IR updates. I'll leave it up to you if you want to keep it up during your holiday but I'd be happy to fill in while you're away so you have one less thing to worry about.

MSG NEWS 2013

Movember Edition:

The New York Rangers shortlist for the Three Stars of Movember:

Jake Muzzin, Patrick Bordeleau, Matt Stajan, Jiri Hudler, Jarome Iginla, Andrej Sekera, Joe Thornton and Mike Smith.

With just today left on the slate, the three stars should be announced early sunday morning.

Starting to see some re-signings trickle through in the actual NHL, is there a specific date we can begin negotiating with our pending RFA/UFA's?

Sorry if already asked.

Not sure if this was answered yet.

Section 4.5 of the Collective Agreement:

4.5 – Extensions

Beginning on March 5, 2014, a player whose contract is expiring at the end of the year can be approached regarding signing an extension. Teams are permitted to enter formal negotiations with one player and can inquire about 3 other players regarding their contract desires before the end of the season. After the regular season ends, teams may open formal negotiations with up to 6 players, but remember only a handful may sign extensions. When negotiating an extension with a player that has played with your club for the entire season, teams may offer up to an 8 year contract term if desired.

Rumour: It appears that the Montreal Canadiens are not ready to give up on this season just yet, as word around town suggests that the Habs have two trades pending at league offices that will help them to ice a complete lineup. When one anonymous source saw the bigger of the two deals, their reaction was "Wow"...

The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to claim Patrick Kaleta from the Montreal Canadiens. Sorry Arby, I need the potential anger in the lineup, if Patrick Kaleta can manage his game he can be an effective role player.

Ty Webb

Columbus Blue Jackets

General Manager

Ty, just so you don't lose out I want to tell you that you need to PM Canuck2Xteme with the subject line Waiver Claim: Patrick Kaleta and then write a couple sentences about what it is you want to do: claim him and what roster spot if your successful.

:P

No offense to the waiving team, not judging, just helping. lol

Primal,

I had sent a message off to the Commish.

I know I did not have to post it here, but since Arby and I just made a trade where I had defence going in return for angry I wanted to let him know I needed more angry from his lineup.

Ty Webb

Columbus Blue Jackets

General Manager

Nanananana...

The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to claim Patrick Kaleta from the Montreal Canadiens. Sorry Arby, I need the potential anger in the lineup, if Patrick Kaleta can manage his game he can be an effective role player.

Ty Webb

Columbus Blue Jackets

General Manager

Buffalo Sabres right wing Patrick Kaleta, who had been playing with the team's American Hockey League affiliate in Rochester, reportedly is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL.

The Buffalo News reported the news Saturday.

Kaleta, 27, was injured Friday when the Rochester Americans played the Lake Erie Monsters. Kaleta crashed into Lake Erie goalie Calvin Pickard and his leg struck the crossbar. He had a goal and three assists in seven games with the Americans after being sent down by the Sabres on Nov. 3.

In five games with the Sabres this season, Kaleta had no points and five penalty minutes. He was suspended for 10 games by the NHL Department of Player Safety on Oct. 15 for a hit to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson.

Had to expect something like this before he left the Habs :P

It appears that the patience of the Rangers has worn thin. Devante Smith-Pelly is not out for the pregame skate with his Connecticut Whale counterparts, although he was fine at the optional skate this morning. Trade winds have been blowing around New York's Madison Square Garden for days now, could the changeup have happened this evening?

Archived