The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Assignment: The Montreal Canadiens assign Michael Latta and Kevin Connauton (neither require waivers) to North Dakota.

Recall: The Habs recall Dylan Olsen and Erik Haula from the Fighting Sioux.

Updated Habs Lineup (inside spoiler):

Nash - Galchenyuk - Burns

Filppula - Pirri - Setoguchi

Calvert - Horcoff - Cole

Tangradi - Loktionov - Condra

Arcobello - Haula

E.Johnson - Hejda

Kulikov - Olsen

Smid - Schultz

Redmond

Berra

Lindback

TRADE: The Minnesota Wild have made a trade with the New York Rangers.

To MIN:

Devante Smith-Pelly

To NYR:

Jimmy Hayes

Jack Skille

Future Considerations

Thank you first and foremost to the Minnesota Wild organization for a good fair well paced trade talk, a great experience from start to finish. And to Canuck2Xtreme for processing so much data for us all here. Also to Devante Smith-Pelly, certainly an up and coming talent in our league. We know just what we had in Devante however we needed to address a lack of bottom line talent on our club and this trade helps to do that.

In Jack Skille we bring in a highly talented bottom six player with great two way acumen and scoring touch upside. We hope that Jack surpasses our expectations but we certainly appreciate where he is as a player today.

Jimmy Hayes was with me a few seasons ago and I know what he brings to the table as well. Again, good two way man with upside, just a week into his 24th year of age, we look forward to watching him grow in the league as a Ranger.

Cheers to all involved and to a smooth transaction.

Vancouver Canucks November News and Notes

November was all about taking positive baby steps in the right direction. We had some big nights from the team that has made our climb into the top eight much quicker and hopefully we can find a level of consistency on this club that will put us in a position to succeed moving forward.

Forwards

- Aside from the injuries to both Daniel Alfredsson and Matt Duchene, our first line has simply been fantastic. Jamie Benn has taken it upon himself to prove that he is a leader on this team at both ends of the ice and we believe is making an extremely big push to be seriously considered for Team Canada in Sochi. We are thrilled that this trio has that type of inseparable chemistry that will hopefully lead our team offensively into the playoffs.

- The game changer for our team was when we were able to call up Gustav Nyquist and reacquire Tomas Tatar. We never wanted to trade Tatar in the first place, but had to because Benn is amazing, so you can imagine when the opportunity came to us that we were able to reacquire him- it was a no brainer. We've always believed in both of their talents, but it's nice to see their work and perserverance paying off on the scoreboard.

- Mikko Koivu proved to everyone why he's one of our most important forwards on the team with a big comeback month. The same can be said for Eric Fehr, who needed a kick in the pants by being demoted to the fourth line, but has shown positive steps and has now moved back into the top six.

- Lastly, we need more out of Peter Regin, Colin McDonald, and Sven Baertschi. We acquired these players because we believed that they could help our hockey team win and be tougher to play against. Like any young player, Sven continues to struggle with consistency, but we feel our team has great role models in Benn, Duchene, and Alfredsson where he can learn how to be a better and more consistent player. Both Regin and McDonald have been demoted in the lineup with the hope that this will light a fire under their butt and start playing like we know they can.

Defense

- Alex Pietrangelo and Zdeno Chara are still rockstars. The End.

- We have been very encouraged by the improved play of Slava Voynov this month as he gets back on track to the type of defenseman we know he is. Also encouraging is the continued stellar play of young defenseman Brenden Dillon- who has shown excellent two-way play as well as toughness, in terms of standing up for his teammates, and grit.

- We decided to give Michael Stone a fresh start because of the improved play of Ben Lovejoy and the acquisition of Jordie Benn, hooray for nepotism. We feel that Lovejoy and Jordie are really coming into their own and fully accepting and relishing their roles as our tough and grinding third pairing defensemen.

We feel that the team is finally starting to come into its own and showing the potential that we see on paper. We hope for continued health and consistency from our club as we push towards a playoff spot.

Rangers Lineup Update:

Thomas Vanek, Joe THornton, Jarome Iginla

Ryan Malone, Matt Stajan, Jiri Hudler

Jesse Joensuu, Mikael Backlund, Patrick Bordeleau

Jack Skille, Shawn Mattias, Jimmy Hayes

Jeremy Welsh

Andrej Sekera, Sami Salo

Connor Murphy, Jake Muzzin

Kevin Klein, Mark Stuart

Philip Larsen, Tyson Strachan

Mike Smith

Justin Peters

Connecticut Whale Lineup:

Johan Larsson, Carson McMillan, Carter Ashton

Ivan Telegin, Cody Bass, Michael Sgarbossa

Corey Cowick, Andrew Johnston, Colton Sceviour

Craig Cunningham, ......., Maxim Shalunov

Patrick Sieloff, Robert Bortuzzo

LTIR: Souray, Sbisa, Fasth.....and soon to be Malone, Larsen, Klein.

**My Teamsheet will need to be updated to show Peters who was omitted in the most recent version while Fasth is shown in both LTIR and backup goalie possition.

Also: as I have managed to confuse myself at this point, Carter Ashton and Robert Bortuzzo should both be in the minors as shown on the teamsheet but i think i need to assign Ashton there if i didn't already. Thank you, he is not waiver eligible.

Lastly, pending LTIR announcements on three new injured players, we will recall Ashton and Bortuzzo to fill the holes created by LTIR.

Hope that is clear as mud. Thank you.

Oh one last thing: i have an FC that has come ripe for me. Ryan Whitney can not possibly meet the FC obligation of playing in 65 regular season games now that no team in the league has anywhere near close to the required number needed for him and he is in the minors...so do i get Nashville's 3rd round pick in 2014 now? or do i have to wait to the end of the season?

Thanks and sorry to be a pain.

Oh one last thing: i have an FC that has come ripe for me. Ryan Whitney can not possibly meet the FC obligation of playing in 65 regular season games now that no team in the league has anywhere near close to the required number needed for him and he is in the minors...so do i get Nashville's 3rd round pick in 2014 now? or do i have to wait to the end of the season?

Thanks and sorry to be a pain.

Transferred to complete that deal.

The Carolina 2014 2nd Round Draft Selection belongs to Philadelphia.

Looking at how Columbus got the pick:

July 5, 2013

To CAR:

Tom Gilbert

TB 2014 3rd Round Draft Selection

To TB:

CAR 2014 2nd Round Draft Selection

Aug. 23, 1013

To BUF:

Jeremy Morin

Tomas Jurco

Johnny Oduya

Samuel Morin

To TB:

Dan Boyle

Tyler Bozak

Cameron Schilling

BUF 2014 2nd Round Draft Selection

Oct. 1, 2013

To BUF:

Marcus Johansson

To CBJ:

Tyler Biggs

BUF 2014 1st Round Draft Selection

BUF 2014 3rd Round Draft Selection

Looking at how Philadelphia got the pick:

March 8, 2013

To CAR:

Miikka Kiprusoff

Keith Aucoin

To WSH:

Thomas Greiss

MTL 2013 2nd Round Draft Selection

Dylan Blujus

To MTL:

Zach Boychuk

April 3, 2013

To WSH:

Andrew Cogliano

To PHI:

MTL 2013 2nd Round Draft Selection

WSH 2013 3rd Round Draft Selection

CGY 2014 3rd Round Draft Selection

As you can see, Philadelphia's acquisition of the draft pick pre-dates any of the trades that led to the Blue Jackets acquiring the selection, and so the Flyers retain possession of the draft pick.

As for Columbus, they entered into a trade (as did the teams prior to them) in good faith with the understanding that the draft pick was involved, and so the Blue Jackets are entitled to compensation from the offending team. As the trade history outlines, Carolina dealt the draft pick twice. Teams are required to ensure they know what assets they have at their disposal and which ones they have moved.

FINAL DECISION: The Carolina Hurricanes are required to award one of their 1st Round Draft selections (CAR 2014 1st Round Pick or CAR 2015 1st Round Pick) to the Columbus Blue Jackets.

I would be the big loser hear but the riders won the grey cup so I'm too happy right now.

Sorry for that guys, i will look a some of my old pms and see what I did wrong.

Can I wait til the end of the year to decide what pick to give up

Must be awarded by December 1st.

With the deadline passed, the Columbus Blue Jackets have been awarded Carolina's 1st Round Draft Selection in 2014 as per league mandate.

Thank you! and my sheet looks up to date.

Everyone have a fantastic week, just in case I don't find time to log on until Friday. Oh, unsigned Prospects: may we deal with them to get them signed now, or do we have to wait?

You can sign them now, but this season would count as the first year of their deal.

Enjoy the 2014 first round pick. I'm determined to make it as late as possible!!

Here's a question. If I would have done those trades with better teams that are 1st and 2nd would the ruling still be me giving up my 1st round pick? Or is this an effort to turn Colombus around?

I remember last year when I was last I received a lot of breaks from the league, like anybody that I wanted to sign I got haha. . So I don't mind doing it.

Tony Romo,

You lost our 1st round pick in 2014 because you traded a 2nd round pick that was no longer yours. I lost a 2nd round pick in trade because of your mistake when you did not manage your team properly. Since you did not have a 2nd round pick in either 2014 or 2015 to compensate me for your mistake I was awarded a 1st round pick from you. This would be no different to any NHL that does not follow the rules of the CBA.

I do not need help to rebuild the Columbus Blue Jackets organization and are you suggesting that the Commissioner of this league acted in an unethical and unfair manner? Would it not be more appropriate to admit you made a mistake in trading a 2nd round pick that was no longer yours and except your repercussions of your actions instead of making accusations that the Commissioner is abusing his position?

For example the New Jersey Devils lost their 1st round pick in a CBA violation.

Ty Webb

Columbus Blue Jackets

General Manager

Nanananana...

Archived