The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

My sister manages a rink and of all the discussions I have heard, the one that sticks out for me lately is that if a mother and her baby and a toddler are on the ice, the mother doesn't 'have to' wear a helmet, the toddler does, but only if using one of the skating cages (provided by the rink) to prop himself up on but the baby MUST have a helmet on if it is in a stroller, in case it flips over. Personally, learning as we are about head trauma this past decade, I don't go on the ice without a helmet these days, and when I play in net i use the neck protector too. Safety First.

My sister manages a rink and of all the discussions I have heard, the one that sticks out for me lately is that if a mother and her baby and a toddler are on the ice, the mother doesn't 'have to' wear a helmet, the toddler does, but only if using one of the skating cages (provided by the rink) to prop himself up on but the baby MUST have a helmet on if it is in a stroller, in case it flips over. Personally, learning as we are about head trauma this past decade, I don't go on the ice without a helmet these days, and when I play in net i use the neck protector too. Safety First.

I just came back from skating with my little one, this was a public skate and helmets are not mandatory here for adults......but I hear ya, safety first.

Great to hear about your little guy there c2x, my girl is just now getting confident on the ice.

RUMOR

Reports continue to surface that the Panthers are shopping a package of a young NHL defenseman, 1st round pick and prospects in order to acquire a top-4 defenseman on a contending team, only preliminary talks have taken place but as the deadline looms expect the Panthers to become more active in the trade market.

Archived