The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doctors Inject HIV Into Dying Girl

nucklehead

I really hope that this is something that we can utilize and move forward with. This really hits close to home for me as my girlfriend was recently diagnosed with Leukemia. I would give anything to find a way to cure her and if this is the solution, then I hope to hell we push forward with this research and find a way to up the percentage of success.

Not going to lie, this video had me choked up, it could mean there is a greater hope for her. I'm definitely going to talk to her about this

Seeing that doctor fight back tears makes you appreciate the hard work people put into medicine. Having to keep a stern face, and tell people they're going to die, when deep down they feel like hell. There are some scientists out there who want a cure for cancer because they want a nobel prize, but a lot of people doing research on the disease simply care deeply about the cause.

Do we have a status about what is being done with this? Are they going to mass produce it, will it be in testing for the next 15 years? I hope people who are desperate will be able to find a way to take this in their testing phase. Also, I wonder if they become immune to cancer forever more after they get the altered HIV gene?

Archived