The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Jersey/Cory

Cue the fans that need to judge this trade immediately...

Funny how when it's other teams trading for potential it's a good trade. But when the Canucks trade someone of value for potential, it's somehow horrible.

Everyone seems to be basing it on the fact that Cory is somehow guaranteed to win a vezina and a cup. I mean I like Schneider, and I think he's a great goalie, but come on. Fan boy much?

For one thing New Jersey has a pretty bad team that is struggling financially. The odds of them winning the cup, even with Cory are fairly low. Not to mention Cory will be a backup once again next season, and then only be one season away from being a UFA.

If anyone doesn't think that's there's a serious risk here for New Jersey you're crazy. If Cory walks in two years, they basically traded what could be a young star center for a season of having a great backup, and then 1 season of Cory being the starter.

I'll take Horvat and Lu locked in long term over nothing for Lu and keeping Schneider.

Not all of us "fan boys" are repeatedly saying Vezina and cup. Thanks for the inference. <_<

Obviously there is a lot to be played out in this trade on both sides of the ledger. I apologize that me not liking the trade offends you and others. Goaltending is always an issue with this franchise and with Cory, I feel he was the best option. But that's just me. I know what Lu is capable of and I hope he brings it IF he shows up.

So all we really have right now is a good prospect and a question mark in goal.

Archived